GREAT VAN - IF YOU BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY
By momof4 on
2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan
Three new transmissions in less than 75k miles; first transmission 25k miles. Bought van brand new. Heavenly ride. Original transmission gave hints of failure at 10,000 miles -- dealership denied for another 15,000 miles until the whole transmission gave out while crossing highway. Ford, good training on the denial of transmission problems. Thanks for putting my life in danger! This may sound crazy, but I love the van even with 3 new transmissions in 4 years. Perhaps Iím not wise. 3 children alters thought process. Edmund's reviewers were dead on even the nit picky problems. A financial survival tip -- extended warranty absolutely without a doubt a serious necessity for Windstar owners -- Ford Direct) finances no interest.
Favorite Features
Rides nice (when not in the shop). Safety ratings great. I like the looks. Warranty is awesome.
Suggested Improvements
FORD - Why can't you build a better transmission for the Windstar? My husband's 2002 truck has had absolutely no maintenance or shop time since he bought it new and it now has 95,000 miles on it.