Used 2000 Ford Windstar SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

2000 SE Windstar
By jjrwang

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Good basic people & everyday cargo hauler. Do not log too much miles annually, thus haven't experienced all the problems that other owners have posted on discussion. But very leery about long term ownership. Will send it to truck heaven in the sky at the first sign of major problem. Have a series of little electrical and recall items since new. Currenty have check engine code P0171 & P0174 still to be resolved. Out of warranty, and very reluctant to send back to dealer. Knowledge and willingness to help you daunts me. Dealers themselves need to update themselves. The last time I need the Windstar to be reflashed, the had to "order" the flash cable!

DONT BOTHER WITH THE FORD
By rick welliver

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Dont even bother looking. We have had countless recalls. Had to fix something at 38k right after warranty expired, dealership met us 1/2 way on a 900.00 bill. Squeeks everywhere, door leaks.. Car rolls SIGNIFICANLTY after it is placed in park DANGEROUS... ALso groans and moans when you turnt he wheel. I am told it might have a crack in the manifold, WHICH IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM. I will never buy another Ford again.

Very Comfortable

Develop New Transmission, extend the warranty if you feel quality is job one. TIGHTEN UP THE SHIP..... no wonder sales are slipping and Honda and Toyota have bumped them out of #2 spot.

2000 forf windstar
By vikingone

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

this van has been very relieable, comfotable to drive.inside outside very pleasing to eye.it been without any problems since i puchased it.very verisable too.Replaced tires at 50,000 still has oringinal brakes front/rear.pint is still very shiny.all around very good automobile

driveability, comfort,relieable

Windstar Sport
By jonsparham1

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We got a special deal on this one new when our 1995 Windstar blew a head gasket at 123000 miles, a common problem we found out too late and usually fatal. This is an introductory model, the Sport, . The van has had a few problems after 35k mile, only one serious problem: a broken valve spring that could have blown the engine; but other problems were not serious: new fuel pump, new set of tires, minor stuff, but not too frequently. It is out dated compared to the new Toyota and Honda or Nissan vans and any of these 3 are far better choices. WE feel very safe in Windstar, but it is not what I will buy next time for my wife and kids.

Safety record, color...great red color!

quieter engine, less expensive, more reliability overall.

Windstar
By Jeff G

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought it 3 yrs ago,vehicle was a year old with 15,000 miles.Beutiful van seemed to be a bargain at $17,700.Now it,s barely worth anything with 45,000 miles,the tranny clunks like it may fall out at any time.Front end alignment is needed every 3-4 months,alot of vibration in steering upon interstate driving.Also luggage rack paint falling off.We are tring despertly to get it traded in so I don't have to try and sell it myself.I am afraid I would give it away!

Interior space,stereo