Used 2000 Ford Windstar SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Not up to par
By j knight

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Power steering went out at 59,000 miles. Not covered by warranty. Transmission went out at almost 100,000 miles. Steering control is poor on this vehicle. Removing seats very difficult. Paint finish (red) chips off easily. My '93 Escort had a superior paint job.

Money Pit of Vans
By Doug K

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van used, with 39K miles. My family had outgrown a SUV, so we went with the Windstar. After 2 months, I needed a power steering pump. Now it is making that groaning noise again. At 53K the transmission completely failed. It cost me $2,200 for a rebuilt, and Ford told me that they would not help. I am getting rid of this van as quickly as possible. I may never buy a Ford again.

Favorite Features

Interior room is good.

Suggested Improvements

Standing behind their products when a massive drivetrain failure occurs at only 54K miles.

The Ford Windstar
By Andy

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This Windstar has 26,000 miles. She runs great! This is our second Windstar and they keep on getting better. The legroom and headroom is much better than the Freestar's. I give this car a 10!

Favorite Features

This van is very comfortable and there is a lot of room! Oh and it's not a Freestar!

Suggested Improvements

None!

Next van will not be a Ford.
By payton

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Only reason for buying van was the low price I aquired it for & having 3 children. All kinds of things were replaced under warranty (previous owner). At 40,000 miles a valve spring broke! As of now, 5 yrs old; engine light showing, rear side defroster not working, driver door lock not working electrically, passenger sliding door rattles & paint peeling! Glad I didn't purchase it new. Wish I had not of purchased it at all.

Favorite Features

All the bells & whistles. The leather.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat needs to move back further. Needs 2 more speakers in rear. Better quality control cut-n-dry!

2000 SE Windstar
By jjrwang

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Good basic people & everyday cargo hauler. Do not log too much miles annually, thus haven't experienced all the problems that other owners have posted on discussion. But very leery about long term ownership. Will send it to truck heaven in the sky at the first sign of major problem. Have a series of little electrical and recall items since new. Currenty have check engine code P0171 & P0174 still to be resolved. Out of warranty, and very reluctant to send back to dealer. Knowledge and willingness to help you daunts me. Dealers themselves need to update themselves. The last time I need the Windstar to be reflashed, the had to "order" the flash cable!