2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
2000 Windstar
By oneil53 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The Windstar has been an exceptional value, with excellent gas mileage, road handling and comfort for long trips. I have driven it to Georgia with 5 people comfortably.

Windstar
By tshffr on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Fun to drive with plenty of interior room for short or long trips.

No more Fords in my future
By instresp on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We have had more breakdowns with this vehicle than any vehicle we have owned. Also misdiagnosed several times. Has stalled and stopped unexpectedly. Expensive repair bills. Disgusted with overall quality on a vehicle whose defects should have been worked out by 2000.

Quick
By macspec on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Excessive road noise from tires and suspension Something needed to make rear door easier to maneuver.

Dont get caught in the trap
By thisismyreview on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

O gosh, here it goes. Ford...fixed or repaired daily. Ford...found on road dead. Could these cars get any worse? As you can see i dont drive that much. Its a 2000 with 23k miles on it. I drive to work and the kids around sometimes. Random lights start blinking at times, the car just stalls. The mechanic said its the battery...yea right. The mechanics have no idea what they are doing. The cars little lights on the dash go off and on all the time. Electrical problem A'y? The transmisson gives me neck snapping volts that give me headaches. Dont invest your money in these cars.

SECOND TIME AROUND
By SEMPER FI on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

love to drive,feel safe,great all-around visiliabilty,more than plenty room insid e,this van feels solid,this is my second time around with a WINDSTAR!!!

What is Ford's problem?
By Jude Fritz on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I once had a 1995 Ford Windstar and after a blown head gasket just 2 months out of warrranty and no help from Ford although they were aware of this problem. No response from Ford until 2000 when for some unknown reason Ford offered the 1995 Windstar owners an extra $4,000 rebate if they bought a new 2000 model. Why the offer, did they want to unload the 2000 model? My 2000 Windstar gas pedal has been vibrating since I purchased it, a little at first and now becomming worse and more annoying. There answer "it's a normal operating condition" to them maybe, but I would have never purchased a 2000 model if I only knew of this worsening problem.

Power & Polish
By Fergs on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Windstar has alot of horsepower and attractive styling.

Nice ride but lacks in quality
By Ronster on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This is a great family van. We have the two sliding doors with the captains chairs in the middle. Very comfortable even with 6 to 7 adults inside. Great for our family of five, with plenty of room. The main problem has been the reliability of the van. Transmission had to be replaced within 2 years and the new ones does not work perfect. Have takin it back but Ford says it is fine. Also, we have had two recalls on the vehicle which were fixed in one day. Sterio has had to be replaced (went bad) and seems to idle rough. Although it was a new van, both my wife and I do not think that it is a very reliable car. Ford should think more about building more reliable cars.

2000 Windstar SE
By ken_swar on 03/17/02 22:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Leased vehicle has 23000 miles. Been to dealer twice for factory recalls -- both fixed in a day as promised. Required one other trip to dealer for rear sliding door which was harder to close than the other. Dealer was able to successfully correct. Lease over in March of '03. I would be more interested in sticking with a Windstar if the 3rd seat were a little easier to manage.