2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Suits Me Fine
By 2fords+ on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

My husband and I got our Windstar from my dad when our family grew too big. Only had one problem which was covered by recall (blinking lights, gauges wouldn't work, warning noises on and off when we stepped on the brakes... all because of a missing seal in the rear of the van) and the work was done in two hours at our local dealer.

So Far So Good
By Vince Howe on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Bought the Windstar in preparation for the birth of our second child. So far she has been a solid performer and never let us down. Not thrilled with the wind noise and gas mileage but does have some punch when you hit the gas. I had once vowed never to buy a mini- van/bus but find the utility of the Windstart to be top-notch. Next minivan will be the Honda Odyssey unless Ford steps up to the plate with third row fold-flat seat, better gas mileage, reduced windnoise and less mushy handling.

Pleased with my 2000 Windstar
By kennyp on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Ford Windstar SEL we purchased was the first new car we ever had. I have been very pleased with the van. The interior is very comfortable and the quad seating helps getting the children in and out quite easily. I especially like the safety record of the van and feel that that alone was worth choosing the Windstar. It would be nice to get better mileage ( average 19 - 20 )and have less engine noise, but those are things I would willingly trade off for the safety.

My third nearly perfect Windstar
By jmhansen on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I have just completed my third 2yr lease of a Windstar, all of which have been excellent experiences. Only one warranty repair - odometer computer module on this latest SEL - in six years driving 3 Windstars. All have been easy to drive and practical for my business needs. The SEL is especially comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Other than some extra engine noise after cold starts at low speeds, this van is quiet and comfortable. I would not hesitate to get another one, although I am switching to an Explorer for a change of pace.

My first and last Ford
By never-another-ford on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I purchased my 2000 Windstar SEL in late 2000. Have had nothing but problems with it. Transmission is making unusual sounds and it occassionally slips. Engine is making "ticking" noise during idle...etc. Dealership has fixed maybe half of the problems. I consider this vehicle a "heap of junk" and certainly not worth half of what I paid for it. You know what they say "FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily" and that is EXACTLY what I have gotten. It has spent nearly half of its useful life at the Ford repair shop. MY FIRST AND LAST FORD!

NEVER LOOK INTO THIS CAR !!!!!
By EMH888 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This van seemed like a good deal at first but at about 30,000 mi. It started burning oil profusly and I took it in for repairs. Ford said they havent expierienced this with the windstar before but I have hered of a few stories from others who say they too have had problems. Ford fixed some of the problem but i don't know what will go next.

My Windstar
By lilodie on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I have also had the tie rods go on my van. It has been in the shop numerous times for minor things. Everything has to be ordered in and it takes forever, I didn't purchase the extended warrenty either and they won't give me a loner even though it is Fords fault that I don't have my van for 5 days at a crack. I like the way the van handles and all but I don't think I will ever own another Ford vehicle and this is my 5th one. (Does that tell you anything!) Not to mention did anyone else notice how much this thing depreciates!!!!! I can't even get $16000 for it and it is only two years old!

Happy with my Windstar
By bmurf on 03/05/02 11:46 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

We bought a Windstar SEL new in 2000. The car currently has 22,000 miles and except for standard maintenance, and one problem with the tie-rod, the car performs great. I wish the gas mileage was better, we currently get about 16 mpg, mostly around town driving. This car has lots of utility, especially with kids, dog, etc. The entertainment system is a godsend for long trips. The removable seats let me load up lots of stuff on frequent trips to Home Depot. This is a really nice vehicle.