Used 2000 Ford Windstar SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Very Disapointed
By Cosgrove

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Purchased the car because we liked the styling, safety and size. Went for a loaded SEL because we planned to pay it off and keep it for 8-10 years. Suddenly, with 55k miles, the car just stops. It will only go into reverse. We have it towed to the shop and find out we need a new transmission for $2500! Looking through the internet I find dozens of people that have had the exact same problem. How Ford can state or even imply that they build quality vehicles is beyond me, this will be the very last Ford product I ever purchase. I want my money back!

Styling.

Harsh ride, noisy engine, depreciates rapidly, unreliable, undependable. Start from scratch, Ford, and learn how to build a car.

Look A Windstar RUN!
By windstarhater

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This is the worst auto I have ever owned. It has been in the dealership shop at least once per month since I purchased it. The engine sounds like the valves are clattering all the time. its had 6 new pistons,The transmission rebuilt 3 times, the interior lights turn off and on by themselves. The lifters have been replaced 1 at a time for over 2 years. The doors leak. instrument panel went out and that controls the theft and ignition system. The intake manifold has been replaced 4 times this is normal for the intake to warp I'm told. this is my first and last FORD.

When it runs, it rides very nice and the seats are pretty comfortable (great for waiting for the tow truck)

improve the wiring,the transmision, and the quality of the factory. Improve trouble shooting. If a car comes in to the shop more than 4 times in 6 months have a dealer rep check it out.

THIS VAN IS TERRIBLE
By grayva

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This is my second rating...again, this van has cost me nearly $1,500 in the past six months and I have another 21 months to pay on this piece of junk. I spent over $500 on replacing some sensor that went bad and caused van to stall. Now check engine light is on and I'm told some carbon buildup, leaking gasket allowing air and leaking manifold are causing the problem. Cost, a whopping $995 to fix. This is my first and last FORD! What junk!

None

I paid over $40,000 for this van, I expect better than a car worth $400!

No More Windstars
By DJL

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

We had many problems with the automatic rear sliding doors not closing all the way. Too noisy when driving on the highway. Gas mileage is poor. Resale value is terrible.

Safety. Reverse sensing system.

Better engineering and quality control.

What A Nightmare
By PO,D IN CT

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This car was great until the dreaded 36000 mile warranty cut off. At about 38000 miles all heck broke loose. 1st it was the heater ($1300), next the air intake thing ??,($900) then the bearings ($1400). $3600 later we traded it in for a real car (Honda). Through all the problems neither Ford nor the dealership wanted to even know us. In 1 yr. of owning the Windstar it cost us $3600 in repairs and $8000 in depreciation . After owning 4 other previous Fords I will never buy a Ford again!!!

This van is no longer in my driveway

Throw the plans away , fire your designers and engineers, and start over!!!!!

• SUV