2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
DONT BOTHER WITH THE FORD
By rick welliver on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Dont even bother looking. We have had countless recalls. Had to fix something at 38k right after warranty expired, dealership met us 1/2 way on a 900.00 bill. Squeeks everywhere, door leaks.. Car rolls SIGNIFICANLTY after it is placed in park DANGEROUS... ALso groans and moans when you turnt he wheel. I am told it might have a crack in the manifold, WHICH IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM. I will never buy another Ford again.

2000 forf windstar
By vikingone on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

this van has been very relieable, comfotable to drive.inside outside very pleasing to eye.it been without any problems since i puchased it.very verisable too.Replaced tires at 50,000 still has oringinal brakes front/rear.pint is still very shiny.all around very good automobile

Windstar Sport
By jonsparham1 on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We got a special deal on this one new when our 1995 Windstar blew a head gasket at 123000 miles, a common problem we found out too late and usually fatal. This is an introductory model, the Sport, . The van has had a few problems after 35k mile, only one serious problem: a broken valve spring that could have blown the engine; but other problems were not serious: new fuel pump, new set of tires, minor stuff, but not too frequently. It is out dated compared to the new Toyota and Honda or Nissan vans and any of these 3 are far better choices. WE feel very safe in Windstar, but it is not what I will buy next time for my wife and kids.

Windstar
By Jeff G on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought it 3 yrs ago,vehicle was a year old with 15,000 miles.Beutiful van seemed to be a bargain at $17,700.Now it,s barely worth anything with 45,000 miles,the tranny clunks like it may fall out at any time.Front end alignment is needed every 3-4 months,alot of vibration in steering upon interstate driving.Also luggage rack paint falling off.We are tring despertly to get it traded in so I don't have to try and sell it myself.I am afraid I would give it away!

Not too thrilled!!
By swyatt on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Owned a 96 Windstar and 00 Windstar. 96 developed Transmission problems around 65,000k. Wouldn't shift properly after transmission was hot. The 00 needed some maintenance when I bought it, but ran fine for awhile. The power steering creaks really badly and I am afraid to take it in. I see a $400+ bill in my future. Also, transmission clunks most of the time when placed into gear. Check engine light came on again last week. Too many recalls

piece of crap
By gtw on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Paint is chipping off the corners of the roof. Paint is cracking on top of roof where the roof ditch is located on the left and right side of roof. Luggage rack has black coating flaking off. Van keeps rolling after you put in park. Car is just over 3 years old and I certainly do not expect to have paint problems. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!

00 Windstar Se
By lionheart730 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Have great acceleration compare with my 01 Taurus. Better space than my previous 95 Exploder. New tires and the vehicle starts shaking at high speeds especially at very low speed. Grille started peeling off. I hope to get lucky with this one like with my 95 Exploder. I sold it with over 214K mile in it and still running strong.

Excellent Value -- Gets the Job Done
By remydog on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This vehicle surpassed expectations. We have used it for numerous family ski trips with a full load of kids, equipment, pets, etc. It has also been terrific for dozens of trips back and forth to Home Depot for various projects over the years. Removing the seats is not an difficult, but they are very heavy and two people are required when taking out the back seat. The captains chairs can be removed by one strong individual. However once the seats are out, the space is cavernous. Also, the rear bench can be moved to the middle position, giving a 5 passenger vehicle with lots of cargo room.

2000 Ford Windstar 4 dr SE
By Michael Gray on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The Windstar handles very well. Its ABS system works rapidly and stops the van rapidly and safely. Steering is excellent with minimal effort on driver's part. Mirrors are easily adjustable from driver's side and enable driver to see the entire road behind the vehicle if properly adjusted. The two side doors are very convenient for someone who has to carry several soccer or baseball kids and there is ideal storage behind the rear seat.

Bring on #4
By bar13kar on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This is my 3rd Windstar and I look forward to #4. I look at all the negative reviews and I wonder if these vehicles that are complained about are actually Windstars. I've never had any major problems. As a matter of fact, my 1995 had only the head gasket recall (which would have been done even if it was out of Manufac. warranty)and nothing else. I traded it in with 140,000 miles on it and did nothing but that recall and routine maint. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Problems will ocurr with any vehicle you take a chance on buying....no matter the make. This van is my 12th Ford/Merc product and will keep coming back!!!!!!!!!