Used 2000 Ford Windstar SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Awesome
By Happy

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The title says it all. I LOVE this car! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. In nine years of ownership, only one thing has gone wrong: the passenger side door lock has been disabled. This is my second Windstar, as I bought one in 1995. Both were very reliable. These minivans are so comfortable, reliable, efficient, and stylish, that I wouldn't trade one for anything!

Favorite Features

Leather seats, rear air, high seating position, comfort, everything else.

Suggested Improvements

A little too noisy.

Great Car
By 2windstar50

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car new because the last Windstar my family and I had, a 1995, blew a head gasket (first major problem). We loved it. This Windstar is excellent and there has only been one problem in 62,000 miles: the front passenger door lock doesn't work. This car is luxurious and one of the best.

Favorite Features

Rear A/C control, CD player, power right side sliding door, very comfortable seats, third row seat can be moved to second row.

Suggested Improvements

Too loud, some squeaks, suspension doesn't absorb very well.

Never ending money pit
By wbazinau

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought this van in 2005 with 100,000. Miles. I had it checked at local Ford dealer before purchase and they said it was perfect? since, then new transmission, brakes, lots of rust, shocks, struts, check engine light wont stay off, interior lights go on when they want and wipers only work when they want.

Favorite Features

Engine power is good when loaded. Roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down seats. Transmission needs recalled.better fuel economy

comfortable but undependable
By Tony

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought van with a little over 26,000 miles. I also purchased the extended warranty from Ford to cover for 5 yrs. Or 75k miles. I had to use warranty multiple times for head gasket, intake manifold leak, a/c, and other smaller issues. After the warranty ran out I have had Major brake problems and another manifold leak and now it is in the shop with Major transmission problems at 109,000 miles. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. I also think Ford has lost any future business of mine this is the fourth product from them that I have had to put out more money on than any other type of vehicles I have owned.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of room for our family and the motor does have good acceleration even when fully loaded for vacations or hauling.

Suggested Improvements

Drivetrain and a/c issues are too frequent and costly. Ford needs to take lessons from overseas (Toyota, Honda and Nissan) on how to make products more dependable.

2000 Windstar
By trimerus

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Purchased the Windstar new and maintained well. Bought an extended 100,000 mile warantee but never needed to use it. have found vehicle to be reliable through the 95000 miles we have owned.

Favorite Features

Like the foot pedel adjustment. My wife is short and has the seat position high.