2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Don't Buy
By Never again Ford on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

Very poor reliability. Too many recalls.

Despite what others say
By Mike15 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

I have had my Windstar for nearly 3 years now and the only thing I had to do was replace the tires and brake pads. That was due to normal wear. I have had a very pleasurable experience with my Windstar. I plan to keep it and of course maintain it for many years. I do expect things to wear out over time like maybe the transmission after 130,000 miles like another fellow "complained" about, but it happens to every vehicle.

Ford doesn't back up product
By gregvicwill on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

This is our second(and last) Windstar minivan.Our vehicle has been plagued by a pervasive and enigmatic problem involving the complicated traction control and theft deterrent system. This problem causes the vehicle to fail to start up at random intervals leaving us stranded. Ford seems helpless to find or fix this problem despite over a month total time in the shop since purchase. Two Ford engineers have examined the vehicle,each in turn declared that the problem was found,reproduced and repaired,however the problem continues to this day. Trade in day! and not on a Ford product.

\
By Lynda on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Ford Windstar was my first new car.. always bought used before..The worst purchase of my life!! It has been in for 12 recalls, cruise control stopped working at 30,000.. Transmission "surges" and dealer says it's normal..sure... I've spent more time in the dealership waiting for my car that all of my other used car purchases before! Ford is the worst company.. I used to have Oldsmobiles before and was treated like a queen.. Ford sees that I don't drive a Lincoln, so too bad for me.. Going to trade my Windstar in for a Reliable non-Ford auto!!I tell everyone I meet to not buy a Ford...

honesty.
By Shayne on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

I like my Ford Windstar, however we have had nothing but minor problems with this or that since the get go... over all i would have to say that these problems have been quite... frustrating... Ford should pay more attention to the details.

transmission failure at 50 k miles!
By Billy-Bob on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

This vehicle provides quite a bit of utility. Less "mini" than some of other vans on the market which means more space,but tighter turning, parking, etc. Lots of wind noise with this van. Been reliable until transmission completely failed at 49,000 (21 mos.). No warranty relief and massive repair bill.