Used 2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Look A Windstar RUN!
By windstarhater

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This is the worst auto I have ever owned. It has been in the dealership shop at least once per month since I purchased it. The engine sounds like the valves are clattering all the time. its had 6 new pistons,The transmission rebuilt 3 times, the interior lights turn off and on by themselves. The lifters have been replaced 1 at a time for over 2 years. The doors leak. instrument panel went out and that controls the theft and ignition system. The intake manifold has been replaced 4 times this is normal for the intake to warp I'm told. this is my first and last FORD.

When it runs, it rides very nice and the seats are pretty comfortable (great for waiting for the tow truck)

improve the wiring,the transmision, and the quality of the factory. Improve trouble shooting. If a car comes in to the shop more than 4 times in 6 months have a dealer rep check it out.

Windstar
By Jeff G

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought it 3 yrs ago,vehicle was a year old with 15,000 miles.Beutiful van seemed to be a bargain at $17,700.Now it,s barely worth anything with 45,000 miles,the tranny clunks like it may fall out at any time.Front end alignment is needed every 3-4 months,alot of vibration in steering upon interstate driving.Also luggage rack paint falling off.We are tring despertly to get it traded in so I don't have to try and sell it myself.I am afraid I would give it away!

Interior space,stereo

Transmission improvement

What a mistake!
By Derron Winfrey

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

This vehicle has been nothing but problems from the word go. At 25000 miles we were putting on new tie rods, then again by 50000. Which is right after we replaced the transmission at 45000. Wiper motor brakes at 60000 along with passenger door locks, power sterring making terrible griding noise and diver side power seat has been repaired 3 times. Spark plugs have been replaced twice. We have 65000 on this car and I'm affraid to let my wife take it out of town. Thank God for the extended warranty!

We like the enterior room and the comfort of the drive.

The only way this car could be improved would be to be built by another manufacturer that actually places quality working parts into their cars. We will not ever by another Ford product!

THIS VAN IS TERRIBLE
By grayva

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This is my second rating...again, this van has cost me nearly $1,500 in the past six months and I have another 21 months to pay on this piece of junk. I spent over $500 on replacing some sensor that went bad and caused van to stall. Now check engine light is on and I'm told some carbon buildup, leaking gasket allowing air and leaking manifold are causing the problem. Cost, a whopping $995 to fix. This is my first and last FORD! What junk!

None

I paid over $40,000 for this van, I expect better than a car worth $400!

No More Windstars
By DJL

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

We had many problems with the automatic rear sliding doors not closing all the way. Too noisy when driving on the highway. Gas mileage is poor. Resale value is terrible.

Safety. Reverse sensing system.

Better engineering and quality control.

• SUV