2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
2000 Windstar SE
By ken_swar on 03/17/02 22:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Leased vehicle has 23000 miles. Been to dealer twice for factory recalls -- both fixed in a day as promised. Required one other trip to dealer for rear sliding door which was harder to close than the other. Dealer was able to successfully correct. Lease over in March of '03. I would be more interested in sticking with a Windstar if the 3rd seat were a little easier to manage.

My Windstar
By lilodie on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I have also had the tie rods go on my van. It has been in the shop numerous times for minor things. Everything has to be ordered in and it takes forever, I didn't purchase the extended warrenty either and they won't give me a loner even though it is Fords fault that I don't have my van for 5 days at a crack. I like the way the van handles and all but I don't think I will ever own another Ford vehicle and this is my 5th one. (Does that tell you anything!) Not to mention did anyone else notice how much this thing depreciates!!!!! I can't even get $16000 for it and it is only two years old!

love the windstar
By whitesatin on 03/11/02 13:57 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

leasing a 2000 windstar LX w/dual air and quad seats. Love the room in this vehicle. Ride is smooth and seats are comfortable. We take out the passenger seat so that entry into the back is easy in, and easy out,even for grandparents. We did however have to replace the rack/n pinion at about 20,000 miles. It was makeing a horrible whining noise. Thank God it was under warranty. This is our second lease for the windstar. Moving on to the third in the spring of 2002.

Ford Quality None
By Telrider on 03/05/02 21:17 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

My girlfriend and I both bought 2000 Ford Windstars and the front tires failed on both around 20k due bad front tire alignment from the factory. It turns out the camber control is under the engine pan where it can not be adjusted without a $175 slotting job to the pan. The dealership, Ford "Customer No Service", and the Ford area rep said that it was not covered under the 36k bumper to bumper warranty. "Ford-Ethics None"

Happy with my Windstar
By bmurf on 03/05/02 11:46 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

We bought a Windstar SEL new in 2000. The car currently has 22,000 miles and except for standard maintenance, and one problem with the tie-rod, the car performs great. I wish the gas mileage was better, we currently get about 16 mpg, mostly around town driving. This car has lots of utility, especially with kids, dog, etc. The entertainment system is a godsend for long trips. The removable seats let me load up lots of stuff on frequent trips to Home Depot. This is a really nice vehicle.