2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews 14

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
NEVER LOOK INTO THIS CAR !!!!!
By EMH888 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

This van seemed like a good deal at first but at about 30,000 mi. It started burning oil profusly and I took it in for repairs. Ford said they havent expierienced this with the windstar before but I have hered of a few stories from others who say they too have had problems. Ford fixed some of the problem but i don't know what will go next.

Power & Polish
By Fergs on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Windstar has alot of horsepower and attractive styling.

Pretty Goode
By brkluy on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I have had a 5 different windstars since 98. I get one for a company car and buy one for a personal car every few years. I have had very few problems. I currently own a 2000 and have a company van 2002. I put around 30K per year on my company van. I has never left me stranded. As far as my personal van, it has rarely been in the shop.

Worst Vehicle I've ever owned
By DNR on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I purchased a used 2000 with 28,000mi. This vehicle has been in the shop 3 times in 6mo. I've had both CV joints replaced. The most recent repair was for a blown TRANSMISSION! Dealer was horrible and rude. In addition to the major problems, the cassette deck does'nt work and much of the insde and outside trim work is constantly falling off. I'm going back to a Japanese-made car, they still seem to care about quality.

Two years in a windstar
By Steven Gross on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I find the windstar to very reliable and comfortable van. It handles all our needs (todays staton wagon). It is versitale to move large objects and still keep them secure.

Nice ride but lacks in quality
By Ronster on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This is a great family van. We have the two sliding doors with the captains chairs in the middle. Very comfortable even with 6 to 7 adults inside. Great for our family of five, with plenty of room. The main problem has been the reliability of the van. Transmission had to be replaced within 2 years and the new ones does not work perfect. Have takin it back but Ford says it is fine. Also, we have had two recalls on the vehicle which were fixed in one day. Sterio has had to be replaced (went bad) and seems to idle rough. Although it was a new van, both my wife and I do not think that it is a very reliable car. Ford should think more about building more reliable cars.

Ford has many Transmission Problems.
By David lee on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

This is my 5th Ford and 2nd Winstar. Ford is not reliable. Real gabbage. So many litte problem. Especially TRANSMISSION problems four of five cars.(two '93 Taurus within 24000 miles, '2000 Windstar 35000 miles, '96 Widstar 130000 miles). Other one('95 Taurus) calibers problem in the rear wheel just after 36000 miles cost me many hundreds miles and came out same problem again 90000 miles. Try not to buy Ford. Many Ford Rebate brought me to buy these cars but I was penny wise dollar stupid.

Very satisfied
By Velani on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I have had very ggod luck with Windstar LX van's. I have been using them for the past 4 years.

transmission failure at 50 k miles!
By Billy-Bob on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

This vehicle provides quite a bit of utility. Less "mini" than some of other vans on the market which means more space,but tighter turning, parking, etc. Lots of wind noise with this van. Been reliable until transmission completely failed at 49,000 (21 mos.). No warranty relief and massive repair bill.

35k in 2 yrs; so far so good
By jiminjax on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I've put 35k on the Windstar in just under 2 years with only 2 minor problems, a failed mass air sensor and failed liftgate struts, both replaced under warranty. It's built like a tank; when a Toyota Avalon bounced off the left front fender and wiped itself out, I had to look to find the damage. I've read about all the problems in earlier models, but I think they got it together by the 2000 model year.