2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
So Far So Good
By Vince Howe on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Bought the Windstar in preparation for the birth of our second child. So far she has been a solid performer and never let us down. Not thrilled with the wind noise and gas mileage but does have some punch when you hit the gas. I had once vowed never to buy a mini- van/bus but find the utility of the Windstart to be top-notch. Next minivan will be the Honda Odyssey unless Ford steps up to the plate with third row fold-flat seat, better gas mileage, reduced windnoise and less mushy handling.

honesty.
By Shayne on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

I like my Ford Windstar, however we have had nothing but minor problems with this or that since the get go... over all i would have to say that these problems have been quite... frustrating... Ford should pay more attention to the details.

Quick
By macspec on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Excessive road noise from tires and suspension Something needed to make rear door easier to maneuver.

Pleased with my 2000 Windstar
By kennyp on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Ford Windstar SEL we purchased was the first new car we ever had. I have been very pleased with the van. The interior is very comfortable and the quad seating helps getting the children in and out quite easily. I especially like the safety record of the van and feel that that alone was worth choosing the Windstar. It would be nice to get better mileage ( average 19 - 20 )and have less engine noise, but those are things I would willingly trade off for the safety.

My third nearly perfect Windstar
By jmhansen on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I have just completed my third 2yr lease of a Windstar, all of which have been excellent experiences. Only one warranty repair - odometer computer module on this latest SEL - in six years driving 3 Windstars. All have been easy to drive and practical for my business needs. The SEL is especially comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Other than some extra engine noise after cold starts at low speeds, this van is quiet and comfortable. I would not hesitate to get another one, although I am switching to an Explorer for a change of pace.

Dont get caught in the trap
By thisismyreview on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

O gosh, here it goes. Ford...fixed or repaired daily. Ford...found on road dead. Could these cars get any worse? As you can see i dont drive that much. Its a 2000 with 23k miles on it. I drive to work and the kids around sometimes. Random lights start blinking at times, the car just stalls. The mechanic said its the battery...yea right. The mechanics have no idea what they are doing. The cars little lights on the dash go off and on all the time. Electrical problem A'y? The transmisson gives me neck snapping volts that give me headaches. Dont invest your money in these cars.

Stuck with a lemon in oregon!!!
By gizzy on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I purchased this from a local dealership in Oct 2001, it was their fleet car and had 35000 miles. Right away I had major problems. 8 months later it has been in the shop 7 times, almost $8000.00 in repairs (almost all covered by extended warrenty) Transmission replaced at 42500 miles. No used car lemon law in oregon. Never again will I own a WINDSTAR!! make sure you look at national highway safty website and go to any search engine and type windstar problems and see how many you get.

SECOND TIME AROUND
By SEMPER FI on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

love to drive,feel safe,great all-around visiliabilty,more than plenty room insid e,this van feels solid,this is my second time around with a WINDSTAR!!!

My first and last Ford
By never-another-ford on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I purchased my 2000 Windstar SEL in late 2000. Have had nothing but problems with it. Transmission is making unusual sounds and it occassionally slips. Engine is making "ticking" noise during idle...etc. Dealership has fixed maybe half of the problems. I consider this vehicle a "heap of junk" and certainly not worth half of what I paid for it. You know what they say "FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily" and that is EXACTLY what I have gotten. It has spent nearly half of its useful life at the Ford repair shop. MY FIRST AND LAST FORD!

What is Ford's problem?
By Jude Fritz on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I once had a 1995 Ford Windstar and after a blown head gasket just 2 months out of warrranty and no help from Ford although they were aware of this problem. No response from Ford until 2000 when for some unknown reason Ford offered the 1995 Windstar owners an extra $4,000 rebate if they bought a new 2000 model. Why the offer, did they want to unload the 2000 model? My 2000 Windstar gas pedal has been vibrating since I purchased it, a little at first and now becomming worse and more annoying. There answer "it's a normal operating condition" to them maybe, but I would have never purchased a 2000 model if I only knew of this worsening problem.