Used 2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Happy Aloha with FORD!
By stevehawaii

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

I've had this van for over 4 years now (42K miles). Just a few problems, but nothing I would consider major. During third year sliding doors would open on their own or would not stay closed - found out that was due to needing a new battery. After replacing, no more problems with doors. At 36K, power windows went out (about 3 months between them, both front). Just after the warranty! Mechanically, has been sound. Love it. Love the entertainment center and the reverse sensing, both are must haves. Dual A/C is fabulous and still ice cold after being run every day for over 4 years in the hot Hawaiian sun. Split sound system is a godsend as well; kids have video in back, we have music up front.

Favorite Features

REVERSE SENSING! Entertainment center. Dual A/C. Storage compartments for anything and everything you can think of. Dual sliding doors are fabulous when hands are full or you just want to click them open early to let them steamy hot air out before you get in.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to work on better electrical systems. Leather seating and the carpets are nice, BUT the plastic molding inside is CHEESEY!

Another unhappy owner
By Jimohio

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Bought this because of the safety issues, great dealership and good price. However, this has turned out to be one of the worst cars I have owned. It was in the shop so much that I started to wait on the minor things so that I could get several things fixed with one trip. It started with the power window controls, twice on the drivers side and once on the passenger side being replaced. Then came rotors, (3 sets), air conditioning controls, new transmission, new intake manifold, new tie rod ends, leak in the rear floor seat mounts, tailgate pistons, power steering pump. The interior lights and seat belt chime come on at will, muffler hanger and others.

Favorite Features

Rides and handles nicely. I like that the radio and window controls work for 10 minutes after turning off car, (until door is opened).

Suggested Improvements

It's obvious. Also the front cup holders are a complete joke and the storage compartment tbelow them is really unusable because anything put in it falls out. A total redesign is in order.

DONT BOTHER WITH THE FORD
By rick welliver

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Dont even bother looking. We have had countless recalls. Had to fix something at 38k right after warranty expired, dealership met us 1/2 way on a 900.00 bill. Squeeks everywhere, door leaks.. Car rolls SIGNIFICANLTY after it is placed in park DANGEROUS... ALso groans and moans when you turnt he wheel. I am told it might have a crack in the manifold, WHICH IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM. I will never buy another Ford again.

Favorite Features

Very Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Develop New Transmission, extend the warranty if you feel quality is job one. TIGHTEN UP THE SHIP..... no wonder sales are slipping and Honda and Toyota have bumped them out of #2 spot.

2000 forf windstar
By vikingone

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

this van has been very relieable, comfotable to drive.inside outside very pleasing to eye.it been without any problems since i puchased it.very verisable too.Replaced tires at 50,000 still has oringinal brakes front/rear.pint is still very shiny.all around very good automobile

Favorite Features

driveability, comfort,relieable

Very Disapointed
By Cosgrove

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Purchased the car because we liked the styling, safety and size. Went for a loaded SEL because we planned to pay it off and keep it for 8-10 years. Suddenly, with 55k miles, the car just stops. It will only go into reverse. We have it towed to the shop and find out we need a new transmission for $2500! Looking through the internet I find dozens of people that have had the exact same problem. How Ford can state or even imply that they build quality vehicles is beyond me, this will be the very last Ford product I ever purchase. I want my money back!

Favorite Features

Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Harsh ride, noisy engine, depreciates rapidly, unreliable, undependable. Start from scratch, Ford, and learn how to build a car.