2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
2000 Winstar
By maggie2 on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Continuous problems with auto sliding doors.

Windstar, why buy it?
By pro1mt on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The Windstar is a real loser. Although I have not had many problems with it, The fit and finish does not compare with the competition. It is a very expensive vehicle that does not hold its value. After 2 years, a 29000 dollar vehicle is worth 10000. The passenger side window moter has had to be repaired twice, the passenger sliding door leaked before repaired. The cheap bumper system crunches when tapped in parking lots. I have been a Ford fan, but buy a ford truck instead. You will at least have a great vehicle when it is paid off.

What a lemon
By Pstoff on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I'll be embarassed to recommend this car. It's just have so many mechanical problems and what's so maddening is that Ford minivans have these same problems for a decade and it has not improved or resolved them. The car was delivered with alignment problem; tires have to be changed after less than 10k miles. After 1.5 yrs, the transmission broke down. After 2.5 yrs, the intake manifold broke down resulting in a $2k repair job.

dont buy one
By two4x4s on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Transmisson is awful, makes loud noise when you put it in gear and will roll a foot after you put it in gear and ford says it is fine. would be a great van but not worth the risk

Great family van
By Sherri on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar 3dr Minivan

I love my mini. I have owned it for over two years now and have never experienced any problems. I love to pack my family in for fun times. It's roomy hatch area is great for groceries. I find it great on gas and quite reliable. A good choice.

\
By Lynda on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Ford Windstar was my first new car.. always bought used before..The worst purchase of my life!! It has been in for 12 recalls, cruise control stopped working at 30,000.. Transmission "surges" and dealer says it's normal..sure... I've spent more time in the dealership waiting for my car that all of my other used car purchases before! Ford is the worst company.. I used to have Oldsmobiles before and was treated like a queen.. Ford sees that I don't drive a Lincoln, so too bad for me.. Going to trade my Windstar in for a Reliable non-Ford auto!!I tell everyone I meet to not buy a Ford...

2000 Windstar
By oneil53 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The Windstar has been an exceptional value, with excellent gas mileage, road handling and comfort for long trips. I have driven it to Georgia with 5 people comfortably.

Suits Me Fine
By 2fords+ on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

My husband and I got our Windstar from my dad when our family grew too big. Only had one problem which was covered by recall (blinking lights, gauges wouldn't work, warning noises on and off when we stepped on the brakes... all because of a missing seal in the rear of the van) and the work was done in two hours at our local dealer.

Windstar
By tshffr on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Fun to drive with plenty of interior room for short or long trips.

No more Fords in my future
By instresp on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We have had more breakdowns with this vehicle than any vehicle we have owned. Also misdiagnosed several times. Has stalled and stopped unexpectedly. Expensive repair bills. Disgusted with overall quality on a vehicle whose defects should have been worked out by 2000.