Used 2000 Ford Windstar SEL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Bad Van!
By Jamies

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

My husband and I bought a 2000 Windstar SEL before the birth of our 2nd child in 06 and have had nothing but trouble with it. Had to replace something with the cruise control and brake fluid which I'm told now is a recall, a new transmission, the doors sometimes don't close right, it makes a creaking noise when I turn left or right and now it is making a knocking noise and the check engine light is on. My husband liked the looks of it but I now tell him looks aren't everything!

2000 Windstar
By Skip

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

To many repairs as it got older. Hard to find a reasonable repair shop and dealerships sometimes try to sell more services than needed.

Can't wait for the Sledge hammer
By zulubuff

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

This car was nice whe we first bought it. First signs of problems came when the check engine light came on and has remained on for 7 years. After 1 year, the paint started chipping. 6 years later, it is nicknamed brown top because of rust. Transmission is bad, replacing brake fluid is hard, cup holder fell off, radio no longer works. Indicator for lights and washer fluid come on for no reason. When it is warm, the guages dart around, so you never know how fast you are going or how much gas you have. Driver's side wiper is junk. Seatbelt didn't latch and had to be replaced. Heater/AC control replaced. Idle is rough, and when I turn or park, every looks because it is so loud.

Despite the 1000 things wrong with this car, I can still drive it to work.

Not to make minivans.

No Problems
By No problem

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

Bought it new in early 2001. Wife's car she's a lead foot. Very few problems, no engine or tranmission problems. Sliding doors need adjusting very couple years. We put 107500 miles in 6.5 years. Never broke down, if they still made them I'd buy another. We never missed an oil change or other service.

Backup sensors, VCR, Sliding doors, roof rack, power seats

Gas mileage, seat removal is painful.

Never buy a Ford!
By Disgusted

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

Nice vehicle in terms of looks, comfort, safety and driveability. But it has been costly to maintain. Needed new tie rods, intake manifold developed a leak, new rotors, AC/heater control failed, blown head gasket. Over $8000 in repairs with 66000 miles. I have owned three Fords and all had major mechanical problems. That's three strikes in my book. I will never buy another Ford. I looked at an Odyssey but wanted to buy American. It's a national disgrace that they can't build a better vehicle.

Looks, comfort, utility, safety

Sack the Ford engineering department and hire some Honda engineers.