2000 Ford Windstar 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

SE Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Just Traded it In!!
By nicholez on 02/22/12 11:46 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I just traded in my Windstar (amazingly got 2K for it!) and glad to be rid of it. The power door was great when my kids were younger, but now I really don't need all the extra space. The extra back seat was nice for certain times when we had extra passengers. I purchased the vehicle with 77k miles on it and over 5 years, only put about 30K on. The emissions system light has been on since I owned it and recently, the ABS light has been on for no reason. The front passenger door will not unlock with the power lock and occasionally the sliding door will not work. The rear defrost stopped working and air will only blow out of the defrost vents. Glad to be rid of the vehicle.

Should have known
By Robb on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

This was my only new vehicle in my life, and only bought it because my previous Ford Aerostar had a warped head problem so Ford offered me $4k off a new vehicle. That with "invoice pricing" made it as cheap as many newer used ones (sticker was $26k;paid $19K). Transmission was always 'clunky' and had it replaced within a year. At 30k it needed a new rack & pinion and power steering pump. Then had some good years, but always had noisy engine, clunky transmission, noisy front end (they can't find any problem), and terrible mileage (never over 15 no matter what). In 2009 had stalling problem they couldn't resolve. Then the brake/cruise recall. Now the engine is rattling, so surely a $1,000+ repair

Still works well
By Joe on 05/12/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought this van new in 2000. Have maitained van according to manual (mostly). This van has been to FL from WI and back several times, to SD pulling a camper 2 times, KY and TN twice and is used daily around home. It currently has 201,600 + miles on it and is starting to show it's age. We now have some electrical issues with the cruise control, ABS and gauges. Overall this van has been very reliable. No transmission problems eventhough we pull a pop-up camper with it and no other major issues. We have replaced struts, shocks, tierod ends, brakes and an alternator but I consider these items "maintence" because parts do wear out. Wife now has a 2002 Windstar and I plan on driving oldone

Fix Or Repair Daily
By irishmafia on 04/14/10 21:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

What a piece of junk can't begin to list all problems got it w 75k 3 months later new tranny which still had a problem that took months to fix who's the genius that came up with no locks on the passenger side? ABS light on since I bought it can't locate a problem, many emissions issues, heater broke,cruise broke, blows fuses when plugging GPS or cell phone in,driver seat needs to be replaced springs coming through I weigh 175, probably put 10k in car since I bought it!

Run away quickly!
By irishmafia on 04/07/10 22:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Worst car ever FORD fix or repair daily very apt for this piece of junk. What hasn't been fixed? Transmission went at 100k and had it back for months (new not rebuilt trans) trying to find out why it kept slipping -dealer finally found broken part in the housing, all types of emission repairs, starter sounds like its going today, many unique repairs needed, blower motor gone heat/ac electronic temp control went winter without any heat lousy gas mileage drivers seat springs cushioning gone at 140k cruise control stopped working fuses blow regularly electric rear window broken ABS light on since I bought it can't find anything wrong with brakes some genius designed only one door w/key

Awesome
By Happy on 05/11/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The title says it all. I LOVE this car! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. In nine years of ownership, only one thing has gone wrong: the passenger side door lock has been disabled. This is my second Windstar, as I bought one in 1995. Both were very reliable. These minivans are so comfortable, reliable, efficient, and stylish, that I wouldn't trade one for anything!

Great Car
By 2windstar50 on 08/06/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car new because the last Windstar my family and I had, a 1995, blew a head gasket (first major problem). We loved it. This Windstar is excellent and there has only been one problem in 62,000 miles: the front passenger door lock doesn't work. This car is luxurious and one of the best.

Never ending money pit
By wbazinau on 04/23/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought this van in 2005 with 100,000. Miles. I had it checked at local Ford dealer before purchase and they said it was perfect? since, then new transmission, brakes, lots of rust, shocks, struts, check engine light wont stay off, interior lights go on when they want and wipers only work when they want.

comfortable but undependable
By Tony on 04/14/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought van with a little over 26,000 miles. I also purchased the extended warranty from Ford to cover for 5 yrs. Or 75k miles. I had to use warranty multiple times for head gasket, intake manifold leak, a/c, and other smaller issues. After the warranty ran out I have had Major brake problems and another manifold leak and now it is in the shop with Major transmission problems at 109,000 miles. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. I also think Ford has lost any future business of mine this is the fourth product from them that I have had to put out more money on than any other type of vehicles I have owned.

2000 Windstar
By trimerus on 04/13/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Purchased the Windstar new and maintained well. Bought an extended 100,000 mile warantee but never needed to use it. have found vehicle to be reliable through the 95000 miles we have owned.