1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Wish I never had...

1999 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

Wish I never had...
By bigiq on

1999 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Up until 60K this van worked problem-free and we enjoyed it. The body felt strong and solid. Inside was comfortable and roomy and was nicely equipped with all the typical features. Once we hit 60K (this is when the warranty expires? hmm.) the engine became a nightmare. Every couple of months a major, costly component required replacement. The engine started to leak oil into the spark plug area which was difficult to repair. Then two independent mechanics informed us the entire engine required replacement and that's when we traded it in. This was a frustrating ownership experience. I understand Ford today is a lot better but I don't think I'll buy one again anytime soon.

Roomy, even in the 3rd row. The design inside the vehicle and out. Body felt very solid. The little curved mirror that allowed you to see the entire cabin behind the driver.

The entire engine! Standard CD player would have been nice. Removable seats are quite heavy. Gas mileage could be higher.