1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Never buy a Ford again

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

SEL Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Never buy a Ford again
By Chris on

1999 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

I grew up in a Ford city and a Ford family. Locks and doors don't work consistently, Check engine light is on constantly despite several thousand dollars and trips to multiple dealers; an independent finally told me Ford used inferior parts in the intake manifold, Ford is aware and has published tech bulletins but wouldn't offer to help. The dealers don't care anymore. Do not buy a Ford. I also bought a Lincoln LS, I got tired of visiting it and traded it for a BMW which has been extremely reliable.

None really, the seats hurt my back, road noise is terrible, it won't stay aligned, the brakes are bad and the engine is garbage.

Ford needs to reach out to those of us. I hope they go out of business and their executives have to feed themselves by scrounging in trash cans. They ruined a once proud company by compromising quality. I drive by a Ford plant everyday and feel sorry for the employees.