1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Never buy a Ford again!

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Never buy a Ford again!
By tominVA on

1999 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Bottom line...LEMON! Just had the Transmission repaired for $1,060 on a 4 yr old vehicle w/ 71,000 miles! Mechanic said they don't this kind of failure on cars with 140000 miles! Spent the holidays driving the 1988 Camry I gave to my Dad when I bought this van (it has 150000 miles!) Have expierenced multiple little problems with the electrical system, doors, and idler control motor. All of which dealers say they find no problems. Have been religious with maintenance/tune ups expecting this car would last 7-8 yrs. I'm unloading this quickly and going back to a Toyota!

With the help of Edmunds I was able to negotiate an excellent deal on the original purchase so at least I didn't get taken on that end.

Ford Motor Co gets a clue and starts either building a more reliable vehicle OR admits that some of their stuff was poorly built and repairs it at no cost to the consumer!