1999 Ford Windstar 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - MONEY PIT! PLEASE DONT BUY!

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

MONEY PIT! PLEASE DONT BUY!
By chicmama004 on

1999 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

My husband and I bought this car at 90k miles. We have had nothing but trouble! This car was well maintained with records but around 100k the engine light came on and would not go off no matter what the mechanic fixed. We had to replace the water pump, timing belt and then 5k miles later another water pump. It drains batteries very fast. The worst thing is that the automatic doors jammed and now won't open its to much money to replace them so my kids climb over the front seats to get in the back. The horn quit working also the power locks. Now my mechanic is telling be the freeze plugs need to be replaced and the engine will have to be pulled out. 800 dollars for 49 cent plugs. Horrid!

Favorite Features

Nothing! Well it does have a lot of power driving uphill and passing other cars. Terrible handling in the snow. I have been stranded many times in just a foot of snow. Please don't waste your money buy something anything but this vechicle.

Suggested Improvements

Burn the design! Start over so faimlies can drive something reliable that won't fall appart when you are driving. Shame on you for making such a terrible car.