1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Ford blew this one bigtime!

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

Ford blew this one bigtime!
By No more Fords on

1999 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Bought car new in 1999. Was worried about the power doors and they did need initial adjustment, but to my surprise they kept working for 10 years. The car rides well, when its working. This car is probably responsible for Ford losing 10's of thousands of customers. The AXOD transmission is the worst designed tranny ever. I know, I had 4 of them in my Windstar. The first went out at 86,000 (2003). The second one lasted 29,000, the third only 23,000. At this rate, Ford should just use velcro to put these in and save me the labor. The forth had 33,000 and was starting to show signs of distress. CASH FOR CLUNKERS is was. I am the proud owner of a 2009 Honda Odyssey.

Nice styling and interior features. Got to trade my Canadian built Ford Windstar for a Honda built in Alabama.

Fire the whole AXOD/AN4S transmission design team. Fire management who would stand behind this lemon. All 4 of my transmissions were factory Fords replaced at the dealership. Ford did not care. My family has may cars to buy in our lifetime and none of them will be Fords!