1999 Ford Windstar 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 6

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

SE Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Ford Missed Again
By dculin on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought off the lot based on price and Ford name. Big mistake.New transmission at 45k miles, front end noise that cannot be diagnosed, bouncing sensation at highway speeds, many 'minor' repairs later, will never have another Ford in the driveway. I highly suggest TCO not price when buying a vehicle.

Very pleased - a great van
By edsunder on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The van has been a pleasure to drive since we got it. It's got lots of room and is comfortable for our family of 6.

Very Happy
By Ethan on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We bought our first Windstar in 1999, have since bought a second (2002), and will shortly buy our third. I can't tell you how happy we have been. The only time spent in the shop has been for the recalls and this seems to be a very small price to pay to make sure the van is running well. With cars from other manufacturers that I have owned in the past, this includes German and Japanese cars, I have had to make similar types of repairs, but I had to pay for them.

Ford has work to do on their cars/vans
By Mike McGinnis on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The windstar is a sharp vehicle inside and out. However, the recalls, windows leaking air down the road, very noisy and squeaky brakes tend to drown out the enjoyment of driving a sharp vehicle. The power door seems to never close properly, always having to give it an extra push or pull to get the door ajar light to go off!

Still have hope
By MB on 03/06/02 13:49 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

20 K miles into this model I have had the intake manifold replaced, a wiring harness replaced, the vehicle does shift hard down into 2nd and after an oil change there is a burning oil smell that comes out of the air vents when the vehicle for about a month.I have 15K left on the warranty and I do have a extended power train warranty, but I just want a defect free van. It rides nice, is great for kids but with only 21K miles I am certainly questioning the decision not to go with the Odyssey.