Used 1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Don't buy Windstars
By Run away

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

We bought this car new in 1999, and thats where the trouble started. It didn't have all of the options we were led to believe (rear audio plate was on the car but there was no rear audio). Electrical glitches very early on. As soon as the warranty ran out, the steering rack needed replaced, radio which was never that good broke, and numerous electrical glitches. Air bag light spent more time on than off after fixing twice, just gave up. Torque converter went at 85000 miles and fixed. Transmission finally went at 95000 miles and the brake light started coming on and I am calling it quits. These are just the major problems. I am now donating this car to charity and I feel guilty.

Engine has good power.

You name it, it needs improved.

It's a Ford...
By AlonSeal

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

If you buy a Ford, get a extended warranty. For $800+, it covered these out of warranty repairs... 1. Transmission 2. A/C Compressor and Evaporator 3. Strut bushing 4. Radio 5. Air Blend door motor combine valued over $5000. No, I won't buy a Ford again. In warranty repairs included 2 sensors, and intake manifold gasket.

Back when we got it, the big deal was dual sliding doors. It's still our favorite, but not such a big deal now.

Don't stop at just licensing hybrid technology from Toyota. Go rebadge a Sienna, and stop making cars!

junk
By scott4353425

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Head gasket and transmission both went. What else is there to say but don't buy one. I feel lucky, I got 84K on it before the tranny went.

Love my Van
By rachael

1999 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I LOVE my Van I hear all these bad storys and I wonder what do you do with your vans! This is not the Indy 500 for Windstars. I have never had a problem. It has only broke down once when my husband was driving it. So don't let guys drive a mom car. Would buy another one when this one dies.

I love the dual sliding doors

Slam it down with some 20's

Worked Great Until 60K
By challenger867

1999 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I bought the car offlease with 35K. I started having problems last year with the electrical system. I just replaced the intake manifold gasket including the bolts, the mass airflow sensor and just about every other sensor to finally get the check engine light off. The light is still off, but is not allright. It continues to have new electrical odd problems that cannot be easily diagnosed or fixed. Do not buy Windstars!

Enough room for the whole family. Good for traveling when it runs.

Scrap Yard