Harrison Ford Windstar
By Golferdavecan on
1998 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan
This is the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. We travel South from Alberta to Arizona, 2000 mile each way, twice per year for the last 6 years with NO PROBLEMS. Now that is dependability. Plus traveling to the mountains to ski at least every 2 weeks in the winter ( 500 miles ). What a great vehicle. I will keep it until it rusts out or 300,000 mile.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable drivers seat. Plenty of passing power. Great top end for cruising ( just as Trooper Scott of Idaho on Hwy I 15. It really goes. Lots of storage in back. We haul our quad inside.
Suggested Improvements
Indicator lights sometimes go on for no apparent reason. Open door light and interior light stay on since closing indicator for sliding door seems to malfunction.
By winstrhopeful
on 02/04/11 12:49 PM (PST)

Here's hoping the poster will see this...after nearly 7 years :) We bought a '98 Ford Windstar GL a few days ago that has over 185K miles. Your post was one of the positive ones that sticks out. I am wondering if you owned it til it died and if you loved it til the end? Hoping we an get another 100K miles or so out of it ourselves.