1998 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Good ol van

1998 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

Good ol van
By IceBerge on

1998 Ford Windstar Limited 3dr Minivan

We've had this van for about 12 years now, buying it used from a rental car company, instead of an Explorer. Considering it's age and mileage it's held up quite well. Only real issues ore the common door sensor problem and the engine uses a little bit of oil, though no leaks. The car is extremely comfortable to drive, the ride is very smooth whether with just a driver or fully loaded with passengers. The seats are very comfortable and make longer road trips a easier thing to handle. The rear bench is a little heavy and cumbersome to remove but the middle captain chairs are as simple as can be. 107,000 miles and going strong, we plan on keeping this thing till it dies.

Power adjustable drivers seat, smooth ride and drivetrain, and the Premium stereo actually sounds pretty good.

Wish it had the drivers side sliding door. Fold in the floor back seat.
By spopete
on 07/28/14 09:11 AM (PDT)

I agree with Ice Berge. Bought the Windstar with 87K in 2007. It now has 219K. I've replaced the engine, transmission, power steering pump, the usual tune ups, shocks, breaks, etc. I like the van because of its versatility. That is why I bought it. I leave the seats out, get 22 MPG, and the seats are comfortable for my legs. Do wish the driver's side had a sliding door.