1998 Ford Windstar 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Finally getting out from under

1998 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

1998 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

Finally getting out from under this
By Jacki S on

1998 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

Have had bad luck with this one. Replaced rear wiper motor, ball joints, tie rod ends, ignition relay, water pump, mass air flow sensor, and am on my fourth trip to the tranny shop at 103K miles. This van ditched our family of five twice driving from NY to SC for vacations. Owe more on it now than I can get in trade in, have to roll extra into new loan. I want to stay in an American made vehicle but am very disappointed with reliablity of this van. Typical problems with overhead lights/door ajar dummy lights, overall rattling, lost a hubcap, bad springs, excessive brake work, on and on.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable and interior is roomy. AC works great, like the dual air. That's it.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and overall reliability. Covering the recalled springs with a shroud to reduce the chance of injury,death, or being sued when the springs finally break and puncture the tires instead of replacing faulty springs outright is not my idea of customer service.