1998 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Beware
By Riv on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Windstar Limited 3dr Minivan

Very poor reliability. Radio has been a major problem. Very expensive to repair/replace (suggest replacement with after market radio). Major problems with motor after 45,000 miles. Service engine light comes on all the time. Continue to take to dealer and its something different each time. Vacuum hoses, oxygen sensors, gasket replacements, front steering suspension problems and recalls. Basically a money pit. Timing Head Cover Gasket and Upper Intake Gasket latest repair, $1,400.

Windstar Limited
By rrboy on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Windstar Limited 3dr Minivan

I've put 101,000 miles on my Windstar Limited and have really enjoyed it. It has all the bells and whistles that luxury cars have and enough leather to wrap them in. It has a powerful engine that has served me well - even on last minute runs from Mass to Fla and back.

Very good
By Andy Lego on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Windstar Limited 3dr Minivan

Winstar Limited Edition 3.8 V6 engine. Overall good vehicle, only one problem with ABS Traction Control sensor it shut off during drive a Van. It was fixed for $ 450.00 at local Ford. There was no other problems I enjoy driving it, this Limited Edition is a good Quality MiniVan and good for Gas 9.8 l per 100 km on Hwy. Thank you Andy