1996 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: di

1996 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

GL Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

By di on

1996 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

I had a 1995 Windstar that I loved. I fell asleep, sit the back of a semi, and totalled the Windstar. I was so impressed with the safety factors--I walked away with a whiplash and some back medium back issues--that I called my salesman and told him to find me another one just like it. He did and now over 6 years later, I still love it.I have driven long distances in comfort, hauled a huge variety of items, lots of furniture, building supplies, kids, dogs, people and luggage and never been disappointed. I've even pulled out small trees and shrubs with my Laser Red Windstar!!!

I love the remote door locks and the remote alarm; I feel safer and the remote door opener helps when I'm alone and carrying packages. Also the remote rear window =vents are great. I guess every feature is great and now the newer ones have even more options.

I'd enjoy better overall gas mileage, and now there is a sliding door on the driver's side--nice. Otherwise everything else was fine.Maintenance wise, better brakes--I had to replace them at 35,000 miles, but now am still on the 2nd set.