Used 1996 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Ford is not Quality
By Fred E

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

Like most others that own a 96 windstar, at @ 68,000 miles headgasket went out costing $2,500. Ford fixed 95s and declared 96 cured so they told me that it was my problem. I was first in my family to buy Ford and I'm doing my best to tell others in family and whoever else not to buy Ford. I have always bought domestic cars/trucks. This experience has taught me to look global. There is no quality or accountability at Ford

I'm so distressed that I want to get this piece of crap out of my life- nothing is favorite

Ford, accept accountability. You stuck me with a $2,500 bill. You need to improve customer relations, quality, etc. or you won't make your next 100 years.

Screwed by Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Ford Con Job

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

This is one of the all time con jobs in automotive history! As many of you have found out, Ford knew it had an unreliable engine but did nothing as usual to fix the problem or help it's customers. They also had faulty brake lines which they did nothing about until the government made them recall. There definetly should be a class action suit regarding this vehicle. Count me in if your interested! Going elsewhere for my next car but I'm sure Ford won't care they never do! how many examples do we have to see, Pinto, Bad Tires, Blown Engines, Faulty Brake Lines, etc............................

Integrated Child Safety Seats

Include Quality in ANY job done at Ford, they haven't yet! Quality is job none!

These should all be recalled
By Ike-69

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

Bought the car used with about 28000 miles. Had no problems for a while, then it seemed like a new problem every week. Water pump, alternator, power steering pump, continues problem with brake lines/master cylinder, electrical problems such that it thinks a door is open, so it leaves the dome light on (have just removed this bulb permanently), radio goes out, and now the motor blew at 107,000 miles. I still like Ford, bur this model sucks!

None

Build a minivan that will last at least 10 yrs.

GREAT VAN - WOULD BY ANOTHER
By 100yrs-of-FORDS

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

My 1996 windstar has 95K miles and I have NEVER had a problem or even have to get a tune-up!!! I have the 3.0L {I think it was/is better then the 3.8L} and a great motor! I bought this car new in 1996 at Hagerstown Ford and I must say it has been one of the BEST cars I have ever owned.

EVERY THING

nothing

Dependable, Poor Quality
By dynomo

1996 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

Purchased the van with 36,000 miles and still running good at 140,000. Runs good, drives good, comfortable, roomy, and great safety rating. Lots of little problems due to extremely poor quality: Speedometer, power locks, power windows, rear heat/ac, cruise control, brakes, check engine light and interior lighting.

Interior space, drivability, engine power.

Address all the quality issues that are stated in the customer reviews. A must if Ford expects to earn my business.