1995 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: grrr!

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

grrr!
By !@#$%^&* on

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

This has to be one of the worst vehicles ever produced. In six years and 52000 miles, the transmission was rebuilt, courtesy of Carmax, after one month. It was replaced with a Ford rebuild at 62,000 miles. The head gasket and front end gasket were also replaced at this time, courtesy of an extended warranty I purchased. A month later, it left us stranded 1,000 miles from home, 13 hours into our vacation. Ford put in a rebuilt engine and gave me $125 towards a $700 bill to rent a small car to continue our vacation. The new engine runs worse than the first, stalling at the worst times and surging at others. The dome lights stay on when itís damp out making for a fun time driving at night. Now the ABS and brake lights are on.

Favorite Features

I'm glad that my time is almost done with this piece of junk.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should admit that they made a huge mistake when they made Windstars and Freestars. You can find bad reviews about them everywhere. It's too bad that I didn't see one before I bought. t's easy to see why Ford is hurting now. They ignore their customers. My next minivan will be a Toyota. Go Imports!