Dont Buy, Lemon, Lemon Sitting In My Yard
By christ on
1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan
3 transmissions, 2 engines, only one covered by Ford, another new head gasket for second engine,$1,500 in brakes, broken sway bar, locks lock and unlock while driving, and now only drivers side lock works. I can’t open the back hatch or the light stays on and can’t turn it off and then the battery dies. Antilock brake sensors in front have had to be replaced. The dealer didn't stand behind this van. I called about the transmission and no heat 31 days after I purchased it. I bought it from a Dodge dealer with an extended warranty for an extra $1,800 and they sold me a Dodge warranty, which no one would honor except a lot over one hour away. Ford didn’t stand behind this van, I made many attempts. I have put on 31,000 in four years, cause it never runs.
Favorite Features
Nothing, the radio doesn’t even work. You have to hit the dash for it to come on, when it shuts itself off, and it’s a factory radio/cassette. Look at the Ford recalls on this thing, they will only fix it they think is necessary.
Suggested Improvements
Scrap yard décor. I wouldn't even sell this van, it’s a lemon. I bought for my kids and it was all I could afford. I would not put my kids in this lemon thing. Ford has many of my complaints on file and won't help, and the dealer told me it was my problem.