1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
NEVER BUY THIS THING
By M DAWG on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

THIS IS THE WORST VAN IN THE WHOLE WORLD, IT HAS GIVEN ME SO MANY PROBLEMS AND I CANT EVEN NAME THEM ALL.AT 50,000 I HAVE HAD A NEW ENGINE REPLACED ALREADY. THATS JUST ONE OF THE MANY PROBLEMS. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND DONT GET THS SO CALLED WINDSTAR. YOU WILL SPEND SO MUCH MONEY MANTIANING THIS THING THAT YOU CAN BUY YOURSELF ANOTHER VAN.

whoops, did I buy that?
By not so lucky on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

We bought the van with about 70000 miles. It was clean and looked pretty well taken care of. We were looking forward to Ford's big step at making a solid, well build, and safe van. It might be safe in crash tests, but not so safe if you are stranded. Our head gasket went out. Our entire transmission has been replaced twice by reputable companies. The cd player doesn't engage correctly half of the time, replaced many sensors, and brakes and tie rods by 115,000. Other than reliability, it is very comfortable and a likeable vehicle. I won't be buying another one soon.

never again
By Ford= unreliable on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

This car is the worst car i have ever owned.

FORD OR FIX OR REPAIR DAILEY
By LARRY HAGAR on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Excellent car to drive but at 120,000 miles the transmission went out and a hole was busted out of the casing. I have owned all kinds of vehicles without ant transmission problems and Ford will not be on my list when I buy another vehicle.

Close, But No Good-car
By JWR in Millersville on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

Basically a comfortable van that has performed well with the exception of several major problems. The transmission failed at 108,000 miles ($2000 rebuild). Also, without warning, such as water vapor in the exhaust, etc.) the head gaskets failed at 118,000 miles. We were traveling at 55 mph and by the time we could pull over, the engine had seized ($3400 repair). I was previously burned with a 1989 Chevrolet ASTRO and now with this Ford. Will not buy a car from either manufacturer in the future. Looking now at a Honda Odyssey or Pilot, a Toyota Sienna or Sequoia, or Suzuki XL-7.

No Fan of this Van
By HWB on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

Went the head gasket blew my Windstar was less than five years old, but at 100,500 miles (501 more than the max. for factory paid repair.) Even after the efforts of the local Ford dealership to request that Ford pay to repair my head gasket, Ford refused ($1,000 down the hole). Now my transmission is going and the rebuild isn't a lot less than the trade in value. I am not even going into the poor gas mileage. Ford should have made recalls on the headgasket and the transmission. If Honda can produce vehicles that go 200,000 miles and more without significant problems, then we should be able expect as much from Ford.

so far, so good
By happywithit on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

The head gasket blew, but was covered under warranty. Otherwise, no repairs to speak of. It has fit our family nicely, and we have enjoyed the utility and versitility. Can't be too positive about the styling (I mean, it's a mini-van, not a corvette) but it has done everything that we have wanted, from around town carriage to long distance touring. I would consider it again.

Disappointed by Ford
By Disappointed by Ford on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I was previously a happy 1994 Ford Ranger. So I thought that the same good experience was in store when I bought the Windstar. Wrong!!! It left us stranded on 4 occassions. I replaced the transmission for $2K, the A/C system for $1.1K, and the computer and other ignition components for about another $1k. Why did Ford allow this wreck to leave the factory? I will never trust Ford again! Sorry, you only get one chance and you had your one chance twice. The Ranger gave you another "one chance." The Windstar was your last chance. Hello Toyota, so long Ford.

Should I, or Shouldn't I???
By Now I Find Out on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

Now I find out, just purchased this car three weeks ago. With 98,000 miles seems to be doing good. After reading all these reviews, maybe I should sell while I have the chance. Like so many of you have stated, the head gasket has been replaced on this '95' also, i was told. Anybody like nice clean van????

anxious
By kool on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

I haven't driven this vehicle yet so i don't know much about it. Owner says it is in excellent condition.