Used 1995 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Too many trips to the fix it shop
By nomo

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

We thought we made a terrific purchase at a fantastic price. But what we did not pay up front on the price, we paid at the garage. It turned out to be a very expensive car. The head gasket blew at 104,000 miles and everything else went right after. We are trading it in and we will only get 2000 dollars for it...so sad. Ford's explanation? It has 100,000 miles...that is all you get! Tell that to Toyota...that's what I'll be driving!

Favorite Features

large interior, stain resistant seats

Suggested Improvements

head gaskets, brakes-big time, and Ford customer service can really be improved...needs big help

The worst piece of metal ever
By EdCosta

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

I got this vehicle brand new in July 1995. This is the WORST piece of metal mankind put together since the bronze age !!! With 70,000 miles the steering wheel has been replaced 3 times, the engine once, the transmission twice, 3 sets of tires, several ENGINE CHECK light problems, ABS light problems, air conditioning spraying gas in the driver's face, etc. etc. etc... I will never even be a passenger of another FORD during my lifetime. Thanks God I just got a new 2004 Sienna. GOOD BYE FORD !

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Trade in it for a horse. The horse is more reliable and you will get to your destination.

Never Again!
By Denney

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

I bought our van with 40000 miles on it. At 50000 miles the tranny went out and then again at 100000 miles. I can't tell you how many times I have replaced the brakes. I will never buy another late model Ford in my life. We are going to trade it in on a Honda Pilot Next month.

Favorite Features

The room it has.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical problems. Major mechanical problems.

My last Ford ever
By enaj

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

Cute van, we thought, but the problems with the electricals (faulty warning lights, seatbelt and key tones etc) were endless. I stopped fixing them when the warranty expired. In the last year we replaced transmission, alternator, head gasket, and the brakes have worn down to the metal every year. We now drive a Honda, and will never go back to Ford.

Favorite Features

Smooth and roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Looks are nothing without reliability. I expect my cars to last 10 years, and to stay OUT of the shop!

don't by this ford windstar
By willow

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

worst mistake made. two engines within two years.we had bad costumer service were we bought car at fairview ford san bernardino,and to moss brother ford colton.the 1st engine at 67,000 miles 2nd engine only lasted to 52,000 on the new engine so disappointed in ford . hundreds of people with same problem. took in for the 2nd time it was running the engine light was on after they took it apart without my permission atMOSS BROTHERS FORD, COLTON. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 4,000 A NEW ENGINE OR $1,800 TO THROW IT BACK TOGETHER. I HAD TO HAVE IT TOWED OUT . in the back was boxes of my engine they refused to put back together.

Favorite Features

the interior was the best i loved the comfort. i fell bad for the designer that bad a beautiful van.that they let them mess it up with feller of there engines,transmissions,gas tank,and other problems

Suggested Improvements

ford should fess up to there mistakes and fix the problems,may be thats why i bought a toyota and fords in the dumps