Used 1995 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

It's been good until now
By boyer

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

We have had our van for 8 years. We have not had to put any money into this van until now. On a road trip the transmission goes out. We had to put out $2300 to get a rebuilt trans. I have a feeling that this is not the last of the problems to come. Hopefully I can talk my husband into getting rid of this van before anything else happens. Check engine light wont go off. Scary!!!

I like that comfort of the ride. It has a lot of room for the kids and their friends. I like the smooth ride too.

Ford should deal with the problems.

Windstar
By askj

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been a reliable vehicle. It had a head gasket problem but Ford fixed that. Brakes every 40 - 50,000 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary. (except odd electrical problem, Ford wiring always seems to be an issue)

very reliable van
By jthiel

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

we are the second owner of this van. had 89000.mi on it when we bought it and it now has 123000. with no problems at all!! everything works good, its comfortable, roomy, easy to drive and always starts. we did put a battery in it and brakes but thats it for the 4years we had it. i really don't want to part with it but the miles are getting up there, even though it is in excellent condition, i think its time. the only thing that does not work in it is the passenger window recently decided not to work.

automatic rearview mirror, keypad entry,comfort

none, as far as i am concered, it was a great buy and served us well .

Will never own a Ford again
By hate ford

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

this is my second ford, and the last one. the windstar compared to the taurus doesnt have as many minor continous problem (thus the name Fix Or Repair Daily) but I had to replace the transmission twice in 50000KM, a/c electrical problem, BALL JOINT, Tie Rod every spring...How can Ford be in Business.. Just bought a 2003 CRV bye bye Ford

lumbar support, electric seats, good comfort compared to chrysler and GM

Ford... Stop making vehicle your in the wrong business

Passable but not the best
By rjh

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

Head gasket leaked requiring complete re-do, fortunately at Ford's expense as it happened one month before their extended warranty on this known problem would have expired. Don't buy this year unless this problem has been taken care of and then still be leary. Ride was ok and not unpleasant though not as good as my previous 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan. Brakes require more attention than on other vehicles I've owned including losing brake fluid even after complete brake job. Shakes, leaks and noises of undetermined natures (probably suspension and engine) left me unsettled on the reliablity of the vehicle.

Cruise control very simple to operate and precise. Sound system good for manufacturer's equipment. Good visibililty with limited blind spots.

Improve gas mileage. Redesign cabin area to be more useful with better cup holders and accessible to the rear area (especially important for those w/ small children). Put reliablity into mechanicals (hey, we all can wish.)