1995 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
It's been good until now
By boyer on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

We have had our van for 8 years. We have not had to put any money into this van until now. On a road trip the transmission goes out. We had to put out $2300 to get a rebuilt trans. I have a feeling that this is not the last of the problems to come. Hopefully I can talk my husband into getting rid of this van before anything else happens. Check engine light wont go off. Scary!!!

Windstar
By askj on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been a reliable vehicle. It had a head gasket problem but Ford fixed that. Brakes every 40 - 50,000 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary. (except odd electrical problem, Ford wiring always seems to be an issue)

very reliable van
By jthiel on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

we are the second owner of this van. had 89000.mi on it when we bought it and it now has 123000. with no problems at all!! everything works good, its comfortable, roomy, easy to drive and always starts. we did put a battery in it and brakes but thats it for the 4years we had it. i really don't want to part with it but the miles are getting up there, even though it is in excellent condition, i think its time. the only thing that does not work in it is the passenger window recently decided not to work.

Will never own a Ford again
By hate ford on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

this is my second ford, and the last one. the windstar compared to the taurus doesnt have as many minor continous problem (thus the name Fix Or Repair Daily) but I had to replace the transmission twice in 50000KM, a/c electrical problem, BALL JOINT, Tie Rod every spring...How can Ford be in Business.. Just bought a 2003 CRV bye bye Ford

Passable but not the best
By rjh on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

Head gasket leaked requiring complete re-do, fortunately at Ford's expense as it happened one month before their extended warranty on this known problem would have expired. Don't buy this year unless this problem has been taken care of and then still be leary. Ride was ok and not unpleasant though not as good as my previous 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan. Brakes require more attention than on other vehicles I've owned including losing brake fluid even after complete brake job. Shakes, leaks and noises of undetermined natures (probably suspension and engine) left me unsettled on the reliablity of the vehicle.

Too many trips to the fix it shop
By nomo on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

We thought we made a terrific purchase at a fantastic price. But what we did not pay up front on the price, we paid at the garage. It turned out to be a very expensive car. The head gasket blew at 104,000 miles and everything else went right after. We are trading it in and we will only get 2000 dollars for it...so sad. Ford's explanation? It has 100,000 miles...that is all you get! Tell that to Toyota...that's what I'll be driving!

The worst piece of metal ever
By EdCosta on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I got this vehicle brand new in July 1995. This is the WORST piece of metal mankind put together since the bronze age !!! With 70,000 miles the steering wheel has been replaced 3 times, the engine once, the transmission twice, 3 sets of tires, several ENGINE CHECK light problems, ABS light problems, air conditioning spraying gas in the driver's face, etc. etc. etc... I will never even be a passenger of another FORD during my lifetime. Thanks God I just got a new 2004 Sienna. GOOD BYE FORD !

Never Again!
By Denney on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I bought our van with 40000 miles on it. At 50000 miles the tranny went out and then again at 100000 miles. I can't tell you how many times I have replaced the brakes. I will never buy another late model Ford in my life. We are going to trade it in on a Honda Pilot Next month.

My last Ford ever
By enaj on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Cute van, we thought, but the problems with the electricals (faulty warning lights, seatbelt and key tones etc) were endless. I stopped fixing them when the warranty expired. In the last year we replaced transmission, alternator, head gasket, and the brakes have worn down to the metal every year. We now drive a Honda, and will never go back to Ford.

don't by this ford windstar
By willow on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan

worst mistake made. two engines within two years.we had bad costumer service were we bought car at fairview ford san bernardino,and to moss brother ford colton.the 1st engine at 67,000 miles 2nd engine only lasted to 52,000 on the new engine so disappointed in ford . hundreds of people with same problem. took in for the 2nd time it was running the engine light was on after they took it apart without my permission atMOSS BROTHERS FORD, COLTON. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 4,000 A NEW ENGINE OR $1,800 TO THROW IT BACK TOGETHER. I HAD TO HAVE IT TOWED OUT . in the back was boxes of my engine they refused to put back together.