1995 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
GM AGAIN
By GM AGAIN on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

First and last FORD"Found On Road Dead" term has come true. Constant engine problems, mostly head gaskets, on second engine and second rebuild. In shop now again for lack of power. Transmission rebuilt at 65,000, going bad again, AC worked on several times...I get hot about this marvel from FORD. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE because the dealer / FORD does not want to fix it, they try to get me to buy another...no thanks, they don't get it!

Dog hauler
By JEMhounds on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Chemelon Blue ran to FL, to CA, to WA to MN to carry show dogs. Has Never needed anything but tires and front brakes and normal maintenance. Looking for a new one now with RH & LH sliding doors. Will keeep Blue for a daily driver.

Just say No
By iounothing on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I should have known I'd be in for trouble when I went to the Ford dealership and they were bragging that they had the busiest service dept. in town. Despite needing repairs throughout each year, it always needed several repairs to pass inspection - numerous tie rods, brakes replaced several times, "check engine" light comes and stays on every time it is driven over 50 miles on the highway due to something else giving way. Now when I go to the dealership for yet another repair, the sales staff look desperate for a sale.

The last Ford we will ever own
By rgkyncl@eathlink.net on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Transmission blew at 60,000 well maintained hiway miles. Engine blew from Ford admitted manufacuturer defect 1500 miles past recall. Ford corporate office actually has a phone bank of professionally trained people who will take 30 minutes to tell you to go to hell in the nicest way you have ever experienced. To bad such a beautifully designed vehicle has Ford garbage for guts. Our Toyotas go 200000+ miles. Guess what we bought to replace this?

1995 Ford Winstar
By Connie Engle on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Has a new motor with less then 50,000 miles. New transmission. Maintained well. New tie rod end, New tires and just had a frontline alignment. With new spacers, cam .

so far, so good
By happywithit on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

The head gasket blew, but was covered under warranty. Otherwise, no repairs to speak of. It has fit our family nicely, and we have enjoyed the utility and versitility. Can't be too positive about the styling (I mean, it's a mini-van, not a corvette) but it has done everything that we have wanted, from around town carriage to long distance touring. I would consider it again.

The worst car ever built
By edcosta on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

My Windstar has ONLY 60,000 miles... The first engine last 37,500 miles... The second engine, is costing me $650.00 to replace the camshaft sensor due to ENGINE CHECK light. FORD should buy back this junk and compensate all owners.

Green on the outside
By Avalanche on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

My Windstar is green on the outside, but a lemon on the inside. In the first 75,000 miles it has had the transmission replaced, 2X - brake system replaced, wiper motor replaced 2X, power window motor replaced, the head gasket blew, it goes through tires about every 25,000 miles. The saving grace is that all but the tires were covered by warrantee, which Ford extended to 75,000 miles because of all of the difficulty we had with the car.

A lemon at every turn
By cdjamison on 03/03/02 21:19 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

We purchased this vehicle used - a lease return with 40,000 miles. It needed a new transmission at 50,000, the head gasket went at 70,000 (this was covered under warranty, but was in the shop for a month), the main wiring harness caught on fire at 90,000 (this had been replaced under a recall before we purchased the van), and the list goes on. We've averaged $1,000/yr in repairs on this vehicle. Don't buy a 95 Windstar!!!