1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
last ford ever
By lastford on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

a large comfort van. Mechanicaly the worst ever made!! 62000 miles the engine blew. At 130000 the engine blew again!!. 65000 the trans blew. At 80000 the trans blew again! At 105000 the trans blew a third time !!! at 120000 the main computer blew !!! Ford knew about all these defects well in advance and tried their best to ignore them. Ford does not care about it's costomers and I have learned a very expensive lesson and will never buy another one.

Under-engineered
By Nocdar on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Lots of recalls. The door ajar alarm switches are continually a problem, which render the alarm system useless. The whole front end is under- engineered. I'm running on my fourth set of tierod ends. The front torsion bar broke in half about 3 years ago. Last year, the left front coil spring broke on the highway taking out the tire and brake line. This vehicle gets regular highway usage, not bumpy backroads. I've kept the vehicle this long because when there is rain or snow on the ground, it handles very good for what it is. Ground clearance to go through snow or disperse water and slush is great.

FORD OR FIX OR REPAIR DAILEY
By LARRY HAGAR on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Excellent car to drive but at 120,000 miles the transmission went out and a hole was busted out of the casing. I have owned all kinds of vehicles without ant transmission problems and Ford will not be on my list when I buy another vehicle.

Disappointed by Ford
By Disappointed by Ford on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I was previously a happy 1994 Ford Ranger. So I thought that the same good experience was in store when I bought the Windstar. Wrong!!! It left us stranded on 4 occassions. I replaced the transmission for $2K, the A/C system for $1.1K, and the computer and other ignition components for about another $1k. Why did Ford allow this wreck to leave the factory? I will never trust Ford again! Sorry, you only get one chance and you had your one chance twice. The Ranger gave you another "one chance." The Windstar was your last chance. Hello Toyota, so long Ford.

windstar lx
By rdj on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

drives like small auto, but rides like a luxury sedan...interior quad seating cozy...separate a/c nice comfort...ford has the best a/c on market, down right chilly... good travel vehicle, rear space and roof rack if you should need it. mirrored tinted windows a plus.24 mpg on the road.loaded w/ family running the a/c full blast. good buy wife loves it, so do the dogs....

Never Again
By JJackson on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

After 5 years and thousands of dollars in repair, we have finally traded in our 95 Ford Windstar. The brakes had to be replaced every 6 months, the head gasket needed replacing twice, and more! Some of the flaws have been improved in more recent models, but I will never trust a Ford product again. This was a new model year & definitely one to be avoided.

head gasket - again?
By kgreen on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

This van has undersized barkes which mean that they need to be replaced more often then they should. The head gasket blew 1, 2 now 3 times, and we are working on transmission #2. Not reliable. rear heat and air don't have temp control - on & off only.

Never Again
By FormerFordFan on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been 20 years since I bought a car other than a Ford. My 95 Windstar, despite excellent maintenance and conservative driving has been a reliability nightmare: timining cover gasket, $700; Mass air sensor, twice; electrical problems, continual; now the transmission. Ford ignored my request for relief, now I am ignoring Ford products.

terrible
By breanna on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

i own a 1995 ford windstar,and it is the worst van i have ever owned. the transmission went out 6months after i bought it. 4 month after that i replaced the engine. the starter has been replaced,the tie rods the cylinder was replaced, the brakes twice(8 months apart)the heater is shot and needs to be replaced,right along with the crank shaft pully and theres a noise still underneith. i also replaced the rack and pinions. now the head gasket is out again. its only got 16,000miles on this engine and 2 months past the warrenty. ford refuses to help in any way or stand behind this windstar. stay away from these or you'll be very sorry, i know i am