Used 1995 Ford Windstar GL (1995.5) Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Great so far no issues
By Enrique Jr

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Well lets see I have had this van for over a year now and other then the minor stuff that my cousin damaged i would say this van is great everyone complains about electrical I am a chevy man and this is the only ford I like so far and its going on a road trip from Florida to New York and back needs new paint but previous owner used it for delivery he did the heads on it I did work for the van but only thing is its a pain to do any thing to the speed sensor and the plugs to do them take off the wiper shroud trust me its easy that way also killer is shifts hard into 1st gotta figure it out but does not slip well past 280000 miles but speedo is broken sad for the others who complain.

A/C ice cold and stereo

interior color that green it has is turning into a royal blue and so far love the blue hate the green.

A Faithful Friend
By Mike Smith

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

This vehicle served its intended purpose well - it was a reliable, comfortable and overall fairly inexpensive means of transportation for my family. My wife used it to take my kids around and we used it for family trips. It never gave me any serious problems and got decent fuel mileage. The most important feature of this van was that it saved our lives when we crashed into the back end of a stopped Z-71 Pickup on Rt. 40 in Arkansas. Our van was totaled, the air bags popped, the belts tightened, etc. - the worst injury we had was a broken toe when I kicked the passenger side footwell just before the crash. Thank you Ford!

AIR BAGS!

Windstar
By askj

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been a reliable vehicle. It had a head gasket problem but Ford fixed that. Brakes every 40 - 50,000 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary. (except odd electrical problem, Ford wiring always seems to be an issue)

1995.5 Ford Windstar GL minivan
By beamingup

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Purchased this used and have gotten 110,000 miles from it. Comfortable ride, roomy - adding a fourth door on newer models definitely an improvement. Electrical problems, mostly with interior lights, warning bells, passenger window, have been numerous. I am now in need of a head gasket (last one was installed 2 years ago). Transmission still good. A/C and heating have been powerful, reliable.

comfortable ride; roomy; reliable transportation (except for head gaskets and usual, expected repairs/maintenance). Sound system (radio, cassette player, speakers) strong and reliable; no problems in a 9- year old car.

Rear bench very heavy - difficult to remove/replace. FIX ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS - they are incredibly irritating (bells that won't stop, interior and warning lights that won't go off even when there is no problem); passenger window has been repaired several times - no excuse for that.

Worst car ever purchased
By KBadcar

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Bought this car used in early 1997 with 38,000 miles on it. Had no idea what I was in for. By 68,000 (only 30,000 put on by me) I had replaced the computer, the head gasket and the transmission. By 72,000 miles, the transmission was gone again and the AC was blowing anti freeze into the car.

This was an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive. If you had to drive a mini van this was the one. Unfortunately, this was a completely unreliable piece of bad production that Ford would not stand behind.

This vehicle is garbage. There are too many factory defects to mention. Do not buy a 1993 to 1997 Ford or Mercury (ie. Windstar, Taurus, Sable, these vehicles are all the same product). They are all factory defective!!!