1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
waste of money
By itsjimsley on 06/20/13 13:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

i bought this off the lot back in 95 with 13 miles now has 232,000 worst car ever. 2 raidiators, blown head gaskets,numerous leaks, new catalic converter, air filter, a trillion spark plugs before i figured out fords electrical system is a joke, etc. Car turns off on command, you need 20/50 oil and 91 fuel for a slightly better ride, and car is loud as hell. After all the repairs i made before it finally gave up for good i have 26,000 dollars in maintenence never buy a ford. My fault for not choosing a toyota previa or caravan

Fire caused by
By B. S. Foust on 05/12/10 15:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I bought mine in February of 2010. A week ago it actually caught fire due to a speed control sensor that should have been replaced under recall. A Ford dealer fixed the wire harness for free but that area still smokes, I loose break fluid and am actually scared of death from this vehicle. The Ford deal refuses to admit the problem is still there even though I took it back the next day with it smoking horribly. At this point I'm dealing with the Ford legal department on the issue because there was a fire and the dealership didn't alert Ford to the issue.

I won't do this again!
By Bruce Heckman on 07/04/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Car has been an expensive nightmare -- head gasket repair, transmission repair, bad electrical system, swallowed a valve. We were initially pleased with this van, but it has been a non-stop money pit. The service at the Ford dealers has been the worst automotive experience of my life. Never again.

Wish I'd Traded It Sooner
By The Hooks on 11/29/04 22:37 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

We just spent $2,000 on a rebuilt transmission hoping to keep the car until the 12 month repair warranty ran out. Unfortunately two months in the head gasket blew and now we're out of luck. We bought it with 38K miles and thank God we paid for the extended warranty. Still spent a lot over the years on brakes, electrical, etc. Ford did cover the head gaskets three years ago but now their extended warranty has expired. Can't figure out how Ford expects buyers to return in the face of such poor reliability and their unwillingness to stand behind the product.

Really?
By fordbsb on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Well, the ford windstar has taken me places when i could depend on it and it is very reliable, even though you have the flat tires and the bad brakes, but everyone gets that. It is very comfortable on the inside and is clean and nice on the outside. It is quiet and suitable for 8 people!

I love my van
By telestai on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been very faithful. Very nice interior with leather seats,etc. Great for family camping trips, holds everything. Exterior is showing its age. Recently put in $2500 for head gasket.

Very Unreliable Vehical
By Zohaib on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I bought this car used one year old with 20,000 miles. It ran fine for the first two years. Then after that the car started costing. First the A/C compressor broke causing the entire A/C system to fail. That cost me $3,000 dollars. Then the transmition, that cost me another $2,500.Rack on pinion and power steering-$900. Head Gasket-$800. Water pump-$300. Power steering again-$250. axels, cb joint, etc. This list could go on forever. This vehical has cost me over $11,500 in repairs in a 5 year period.

Will never own a Ford again
By hate ford on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

this is my second ford, and the last one. the windstar compared to the taurus doesnt have as many minor continous problem (thus the name Fix Or Repair Daily) but I had to replace the transmission twice in 50000KM, a/c electrical problem, BALL JOINT, Tie Rod every spring...How can Ford be in Business.. Just bought a 2003 CRV bye bye Ford

Better than Chevy
By BA123 on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Traded an Astro van for my 95 Windstar. Windstar is better by far. More room, better comfort, handling and workmanship than Astro. No problems to date other than routine maint. Excellent for long trips. Pulls our camper with no problems.

owner of two
By Carl1 on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

This a good car for children and for the dealer. I have 120k on the car and have had all the major problems: transmissions @ 40k and 110k, head gasket leak @ 60k, warning lights, abs problems, etc. Fortunately, the car has never been found on the road dead. Also own 2000 model no problems yet @ 30k