Used 1995 Ford Windstar GL (1995.5) Minivan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Ford Windstar changed my view about American cars
By Wen Wen

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

A friend bought this car off auction on my behalf in 2013. I paid less than $2000 for this van which had ~89,000 miles. It worked great until recently (2.5 years later; 100,000 miles) when the transmission started to leak (mostly slowly, but could leak fast occasionally). At the mean time, there are small technical issues such as the key will occasionally not turn until a mechanic told me a trick to resolve this problem. I did pay $400 to replace the fuel filter and clean mass air flow sensor, and $250 to repair a window which cracked on its own. The radio does not work well. The coolant tank leaks, but it leaked so slowly that it did not matter. Overall, I was impressed that it lasted this long.

Great so far no issues
By Enrique Jr

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Well lets see I have had this van for over a year now and other then the minor stuff that my cousin damaged i would say this van is great everyone complains about electrical I am a chevy man and this is the only ford I like so far and its going on a road trip from Florida to New York and back needs new paint but previous owner used it for delivery he did the heads on it I did work for the van but only thing is its a pain to do any thing to the speed sensor and the plugs to do them take off the wiper shroud trust me its easy that way also killer is shifts hard into 1st gotta figure it out but does not slip well past 280000 miles but speedo is broken sad for the others who complain.

A/C ice cold and stereo

interior color that green it has is turning into a royal blue and so far love the blue hate the green.

A Faithful Friend
By Mike Smith

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

This vehicle served its intended purpose well - it was a reliable, comfortable and overall fairly inexpensive means of transportation for my family. My wife used it to take my kids around and we used it for family trips. It never gave me any serious problems and got decent fuel mileage. The most important feature of this van was that it saved our lives when we crashed into the back end of a stopped Z-71 Pickup on Rt. 40 in Arkansas. Our van was totaled, the air bags popped, the belts tightened, etc. - the worst injury we had was a broken toe when I kicked the passenger side footwell just before the crash. Thank you Ford!

AIR BAGS!

Windstar
By askj

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been a reliable vehicle. It had
a head gasket problem but Ford fixed
that. Brakes every 40 - 50,000 miles.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
(except odd electrical problem, Ford
wiring always seems to be an issue)

1995.5 Ford Windstar GL minivan
By beamingup

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Purchased this used and have gotten
110,000 miles from it. Comfortable
ride, roomy - adding a fourth door on
newer models definitely an
improvement. Electrical problems,
mostly with interior lights, warning
bells, passenger window, have been
numerous. I am now in need of a head
gasket (last one was installed 2 years
ago). Transmission still good. A/C
and heating have been powerful,
reliable.

comfortable ride; roomy; reliable transportation (except for head gaskets and usual, expected repairs/maintenance). Sound system (radio, cassette player, speakers) strong and reliable; no problems in a 9- year old car.

Rear bench very heavy - difficult to remove/replace. FIX ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS - they are incredibly irritating (bells that won't stop, interior and warning lights that won't go off even when there is no problem); passenger window has been repaired several times - no excuse for that.