1995 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Great so far no issues
By Enrique Jr on 05/06/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Well lets see I have had this van for over a year now and other then the minor stuff that my cousin damaged i would say this van is great everyone complains about electrical I am a chevy man and this is the only ford I like so far and its going on a road trip from Florida to New York and back needs new paint but previous owner used it for delivery he did the heads on it I did work for the van but only thing is its a pain to do any thing to the speed sensor and the plugs to do them take off the wiper shroud trust me its easy that way also killer is shifts hard into 1st gotta figure it out but does not slip well past 280000 miles but speedo is broken sad for the others who complain.

A Faithful Friend
By Mike Smith on 02/22/05 17:27 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

This vehicle served its intended purpose well - it was a reliable, comfortable and overall fairly inexpensive means of transportation for my family. My wife used it to take my kids around and we used it for family trips. It never gave me any serious problems and got decent fuel mileage. The most important feature of this van was that it saved our lives when we crashed into the back end of a stopped Z-71 Pickup on Rt. 40 in Arkansas. Our van was totaled, the air bags popped, the belts tightened, etc. - the worst injury we had was a broken toe when I kicked the passenger side footwell just before the crash. Thank you Ford!

Windstar
By askj on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

It has been a reliable vehicle. It had a head gasket problem but Ford fixed that. Brakes every 40 - 50,000 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary. (except odd electrical problem, Ford wiring always seems to be an issue)

1995.5 Ford Windstar GL minivan
By beamingup on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Purchased this used and have gotten 110,000 miles from it. Comfortable ride, roomy - adding a fourth door on newer models definitely an improvement. Electrical problems, mostly with interior lights, warning bells, passenger window, have been numerous. I am now in need of a head gasket (last one was installed 2 years ago). Transmission still good. A/C and heating have been powerful, reliable.

Worst car ever purchased
By KBadcar on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Bought this car used in early 1997 with 38,000 miles on it. Had no idea what I was in for. By 68,000 (only 30,000 put on by me) I had replaced the computer, the head gasket and the transmission. By 72,000 miles, the transmission was gone again and the AC was blowing anti freeze into the car.

My hunk of junk
By Flower on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I have at least one recall a year on the breaks,and trans every 2 years. Every one in my family hates the car. (Except my 6 year old son because when ever we go over a inch hole in the groud at 20mph the back of the car goes flying up) This car is just an over sized shopping cart with a 6cyl.

7 Factory Recalls
By tony22r on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

7(!) Factory Recalls! -blown head gaskets, twice -2 transmissions, failed plungers -"Check Engine" light has been constantly ON since new. -weatherstripping falling off -trim, interior falling apart -had a defective, leaky RIM since new! -Electrical problems -Has been towed more times than we can Count! Do NOT buy a Ford Windstar!

Oddball: Pleased with my Windstar
By redgaucho on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

We bought this Windstar with 70K miles in Mid-97. It now has over 170K. We still get 21MPG, which I ck every time I refuel, and use it as a diagnostic alert, if it goes dn. We drive mostly in the hwy, since we live in the country. I do all minor maintenance such as tires/brakes/tuneups/oil chgs, etc. and I have not had any head gasket, transmission or brake problems. Everything still works fine! I am planning on trading it in for ANOTHER WINDSTAR pretty soon, though. I have been very pleased with it.

I used to be a Ford Fan
By rk4p on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I bought this vehicle used, and did not notice that it already had a rebuilt transmission. The head gasket blew at 75000 miles, Ford fixed it, but I was still stranded with family. The van shakes terribly, and no one can diagnose problem. One mechanic said "I would sell it, probably another transmission" I now have 90,000 miles on it and it has left us stranded 3 times. If not for budget restraints, I would have traded a long time ago. Do not waste your money on this vehicle, go ahead and pay sticker for a Honda or Toyota.

Do not buy this car
By No more Fords on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Windstar GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Engine blew up 18 days after warranty expired. Ford knows this V6 is a lemon and is dodging responsibility.