Used 2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Base Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Minivan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Great work van
By Josh

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Minivan 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the MPG on it. With a ladder rack and shelving full of electrical parts and all my tools I get 17 MPG. It's been great over the 4 months I've had it. I probably will go buy anew one if and when this dies.. Love the simplicity.

Good to the last drop!
By Brian Smith

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Minivan 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Windsar Cargo in '04 & it already had 82,000 miles on it. It has been driven continiously 5 days a week for the last 5+ years as a work vehicle with very few problems. It has never left me sranded! only major issues were A/C Comp & Intake Manifold. Always had even wear on my Goodyears and no major Brake problems. Got Trans Fluid changed periodicly. Finally after 254,000 miles the Transmission has given up! I think I got my money's worth! Off to buy an '06 Freestar to replace the Windstar...Thank You FoMoCo!

Second owner is very pleased
By Ray Buck

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Minivan 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this cargo van, used, with 87000 hwy miles on it. I have owned it over 2 years and use it everyday in my business. I have had no major problems. I had the front brakes replaced and the right/front wheel bearing. It never leaves the city and I get over 16 mpg. I think that's acceptable. However I use fuel injector cleaner about every 2 months because of the stop and go driving. This van has been a good investment for me. I hadn't owned a Ford product in over 20 years. I will certainly do it again soon.

I like the security of the elec. door locks. The upholstery is holding up great considering the hundreds of times it's been entered and exited.

I can't think of any thing I would change. Of course with fuel prices so high, everyone would appreciate better mileage.

Why'd they stop making this car?
By Uncle David Williams

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Minivan 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle.