2003 Ford Windstar Cargo - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Great work van
By Josh on 01/12/10 13:28 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the MPG on it. With a ladder rack and shelving full of electrical parts and all my tools I get 17 MPG. It's been great over the 4 months I've had it. I probably will go buy anew one if and when this dies.. Love the simplicity.

Good to the last drop!
By Brian Smith on 11/21/09 22:45 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Windsar Cargo in '04 & it already had 82,000 miles on it. It has been driven continiously 5 days a week for the last 5+ years as a work vehicle with very few problems. It has never left me sranded! only major issues were A/C Comp & Intake Manifold. Always had even wear on my Goodyears and no major Brake problems. Got Trans Fluid changed periodicly. Finally after 254,000 miles the Transmission has given up! I think I got my money's worth! Off to buy an '06 Freestar to replace the Windstar...Thank You FoMoCo!

Second owner is very pleased
By Ray Buck on 07/07/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this cargo van, used, with 87000 hwy miles on it. I have owned it over 2 years and use it everyday in my business. I have had no major problems. I had the front brakes replaced and the right/front wheel bearing. It never leaves the city and I get over 16 mpg. I think that's acceptable. However I use fuel injector cleaner about every 2 months because of the stop and go driving. This van has been a good investment for me. I hadn't owned a Ford product in over 20 years. I will certainly do it again soon.

Why'd they stop making this car?
By Uncle David Williams on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Cargo 3dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle.