2015 Ford Transit Van Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Transit Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Van model:

Don't Buy!
By Mama39

2015 Ford Transit Van 350 HD High Roof 4dr Cargo Van DRW w/Dual Sliding Doors and 10360 GVWR (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a Ford Transit Extended High Roof 2015 Eco Boost, it's been back and forth in the shop since March 2015. I've been having problems with the Deferential, Steering Wheel, Transmission, and the Drive Shaft. And I only use this Vehicle for Highway Driving. I was on the Highway going 70 miles per hour and the Drive Shaft came out in which caused the Brakes Lines to break and the Transmission to be shattered into pieces. And now the Vehicle is out of Warranty. And now this Vehicle is gonna cost over 15, 000.00 to get fixed. Before the problem became this worse I have been calling Ford and bringing it back and forth for the same problems. And Ford will just tell me to bring it back when the problem becomes worse than what it was. Now it's nothing that I can do. I was wondering if any body else is having similar issues. I also bought this Vehicle back in February 2015 brand new. And I have 205,000 miles on it now.

Great van until EGR fails and shuts engine off!
By Mad at Ford

2015 Ford Transit Van 250 Medium Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/148" WB, Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In February, 2016, we took our Transit 250 to our local Ford dealership's service center after the "check engine" light had come on. They determined the EGR sensor was bad and replaced it. Four months later, on 6/26/16, while driving 65mph on the freeway, the "check engine" light came on and the vehicle suddenly registered as overheating. Because we had another Ford diesel truck (E450) overheat while driving on the freeway years before, which caught fire and burned almost to an unrecognizable state, my husband wasted no time reacting to the warning signs. In order to get to the side of the freeway, he had to get through seven lanes of fast-moving vehicles, during which time, the engine shut itself off, basically stranding him as one more lane had to be maneuvered through at a much lower speed. Thankfully, no serious injuries or deaths occurred from the accident waiting to happen, which did and involved only one other vehicle. Ford Motor Company's General Council advised me that they would not respond to my complaint/request for financial compensation for the myriad of expenses this experience has (and continues) to create, because our insurance company is the one I should be going through. Obviously, automobile insurance covers property & medical damages (less deductible and within the policy limits) but not the other costs incurred from this incident, including a necessary overnight hotel stay because the accident happened while out of town, not to mention the raise in our insurance costs, not only for our business policy which covered the accident, but because this accident is now on my husband's record (and is considered his fault), it also will affect our personal automobile insurance rates. I am FURIOUS with Ford, especially since we have been loyal Ford-only (new vehicle only) consumers for the past 30 years.

Best in Class
By TriCityPlumbing

2015 Ford Transit Van 250 Low Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/148" WB, Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have a fleet of similar cargo vans and all drivers agree the Ford is best of the lot. The Ford handles better the than the Dodge, Mercedes or the Nissan and has by far the best fuel economy. We have favored the Nissan NV until recently and have had a bad experience with the Dodge.

Excellent vehicle
By Butch Shelton

Top of the Pile in now crowded Small Business Van
By Saints_come_marching

This is a nice van that can be made to fit most scenarios. If you buy it new, you can have it made to spec.....but most come pretty plain jane. I like my van which I added the ecoboost as a great engine so far, but we really wont know for 10 more years. I already had a recall for the air filter, and the seatbelts(which they still havent been able to get parts for?) The sliding door is an issue, but just expect it....you know its an issue, but considering the whole picture its minor. Towing is great, but the specs really suck......mine is supposedly only able to tow about 6000? I have almost 30k......loaded and driving hwy at 65 mph I get 18 per gallon.....not bad right? No other issues to note. Transmission is smooth.....towing is great....not very good in snow, but its expected......I love the engine. I probably should have gotten the diesel since I am towing much more than I ever thought I would.
Maintenance so far is nil....except for recalls. Battery ran down a couple times do to having towing added after the fact and there was a short.....have to redo SYNC every time.....pain in the rear, but now you know.
The ride in this is great.....amazingly quiet for a cargo van....I do have the padding so that helps, and cargo cage....but still it is amazingly quiet overall. I can pack a lot of stuff in this, and the engine does not know. I think I could get 20 per gallon if I drive 55.....but who drives that unless towing. I get about 11/12mpg when loaded and towing.
I know I am glad I didnt get the promaster(repairs).....the NV was a nice, but spartan vehicle.....and for the money I think is a great buy, but I am trying to support the good ol USA. I think FORD should treat its customers a little better though......
The sprinter looks great now.....but a hair more $$. But, access to dealers/parts/repairs was a consideration.
Time is the true test on these.......so far I cannot complain one iota. A great ride that does everything I have asked......and does it quietly without complaint. If I get 10 years out of this without a major repair.....I will be extremely happy.
I will say the econoline was a great van too.....I have about 400K on my old one......another buying factor.
I hear they will have a 10 spd tranny......that will help mpg too.....plus a new 2.7 ecoboost......that will be a great van for the buck......