Used 2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Never Again
By Francois

2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it for the cargo space and getting the A plan, but even with the A plan, this is the last straw for me owning a Ford. Some of my friends say Fix Or Repair Daily, well bought it new and has spend way too much time at the dealer, door latches broke, could not close sliding doors/ transmission would not up shift/ transmission fluid leaked from axle shaft/ rear parking aid stopped working/ AC is lousy so are headlights.
The only positive is the cargo space and I liked the 2 swinging doors. Bought it new to avoid problems using the van for my business. Will sell as soon as warrnaty is up!

Grandma's Taxi
By Marianne lingman

The only thing that I found hard to find were seat covers to fit the middle row seat.

fun to drive
By michael nezworski

2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL w/Rear Liftgate SWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

fun to drive

Great Concept, Poor Execution.
By Val S

2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased mine new, in September of 2015; dealer gave me a good deal since it was almost a 2yr old model. The engine is great, the transmission is great, the tires need to be bigger, since it is so big, riding on teeny tiny tires, they like to follow any grooves or deviations in the road, especially at higher speeds. My main reason for buying it, was the comfort of the drivers seat, which I love. The second and third rows however are not nearly as comfortable. I had to purchase a car seat with a smaller base for my son, his was wider and couldn't sit on the middle or back row evenly, it would tip to one side or the other. Also, the second and third rows are backwards. It should have 2 seats in the middle, and 3 in the rear, so that you aren't required to fold seats around and climb over them to get into the third row. All of those are relatively minor. The major problems come from the body of the van. Almost every plastic part on the outside, and all the weatherstripping has had to be replaced. One of the doors was mis-aligned, sometimes impossible to open/ close; it took parts breaking 3 times, and 4 months for the dealership to realize what was wrong and correct it. Recently, I have realized water is getting into the headliner area of the van from somewhere, this is as of yet, unresolved.

Bad experience "Again"
By Upset customer

2014 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

16k Miles took it for oil change, the service man ask me to come with him to the service bay. The transmission was leaking from the left axle. 10 years prior I had a bad experience with Ford and swear myself never buy a Ford again, forward to present here we go. After seeing this leak at 16k, I had the chills from 10 years of bad experience back again. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the seals, they told me the transmission oil was low and they top it off (never had any dashboard alert the oil was low) At 20k the transmission is shifting erratically, sometimes it doesn't shift when merging into a freeway, going up in a hill feels like the power disengage at times, or the whole car shakes trying to reverse from a parking, all this without any instrument light. Open the hood to check the oil, to my surprise the transmission does not have the stick to check the oil level, the users manual says you'd have to take the car to the dealer to check the trans oil. OMG..for real? Took it to the dealer thinking there is a diagnostic computer to the OBD terminal would tell me the oil level. The dealer service manager told me they have to drain the oil out to see how much it has or see how much is missing... How stupid that it? They didn't want to take the car into the shop since there aren't any check engine lights to diagnose the problem, he say ford would not pay them for the warranty work unless they can prove the problem. He say to keep on driving it until something brakes..sure this is a 25k miles 2014.
Last week one the plastics they put to cover the windows holes on the sliding door fell off, thank goodness my driver was in a local road. Took it back to the dealer, to find out there is recall for that matter, but parts are not available until sometime jan-feb 2016, so if the other plastic in the other door falls off in the freeway and causes an accident, whos fault that would be? The engine has decent power and I get 21/22 mpg. I had in mind to purchase 10 vehicles for my service business within three years. Definitely not ford, unless I go back to the guzzlers at 9-12/mpg my grandpa drove.