2014 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

8 months in Titanium Wagon
By msabike@live.com

2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for a vehicle to replace my gas guzzling pickup. I needed one that could do light hauling, and when necessary, transport visiting relatives. I wanted good gas mileage and was not concerned about great acceleration. I found it all in my 2014 Titanium Wagon. I drive a mix of city and highway. I'm typically easy on the gas pedal and average 25.2 mpg. I don't get much better on the freeway, but that's doing 70-75 mph. I have great visibility on the front and sides, though need to use the small, integrated convex mirrors that come from the factory to cover all blind to the side. I got used to using them very quickly. I have the rear camera and it is a must have. It would be difficult to back up with confidence without it. The leather seats of the Titanium are very nice and comfortable. Plenty of room for the passengers. I have the passenger seats folded down most of the time. I haul my bicycles in the van almost every day. I made a device that attaches by Velcro to the carpet floor and has fork locks for the bikes, so I can tote two bikes around inside the van with plenty of room for other stuff. There are a few minor things I don't like. The driver arm rests are about useless. You can't hold the steering wheel and rest your arms at the same time. The gas gauge will show a quick drop in fuel after a fill up. The needle moves quickly down to about 1/4 tank. From there it will take a good amount of time to get close to empty. At 1/8 tank, I find that there are still about 3-4 gallons left out of what is supposed to be a 15 gallon tank. The result is that I stop to fill up more often than I really need to since I don't feel comfortable driving around with the needle close to empty. The seats take a little bit of practice to master the folding sequence. I wish they folded into the floor, but as it is I have enough clearance to get my bikes in, so it is good enough. So my complaints are very minor. I absolutely enjoy my wagon. It seems to attract attention, in a positive way, and lots of people have asked me about it. I can't really comment on the durability/reliability, but I haven't had any issues in the eight months I've owned the vehicle. Maintenance costs so far have been minimal. One oil change that I did myself with full synthetic, that cost me about $40. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Cross Country Trip
By SO

2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i purchased the Titanium with every option that stickers for almost 34k and I paid 24k brand new left over 2014. The wagon handles like a car and I drove it 1800 miles across the south and it drove great! Navigation works great with My Ford Touch Sync! Leather heated seats the wagon is a hidden treasure most people do not even know exists! Read about the popularity of the Transit in Europe! A best kept secret for anyone considering something different from a full size minivan!

Good not great.
By fredbt

2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL LWB 4dr Minivan w/Rear Liftgate (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Much nicer to drive than any other van I've owned, good suspension, quiet and better gas mileage, though I only get 19 or 20 mpg. The latter probably because I carry about 500 pounds and most of my driving is in Los Angeles. I badly need a back up camera because the van has a ridiculous design flaw, the handle on the rear gate is level vertically with the rear bumper face so if there is an unseen wall or pole they both make contact at the same time. The bumper should stick out at least 2 inches more.

Looks good, comfortable and I can park anywhere a car can.

A bit more power would be nice but my main gripe, as stated, the bumper should stick out beyond the vans rear. I tapped one of those yellow poles, not enough to mark the bumper, but dented the gate.

Just what I needed
By buzzaround1

2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought the fully loaded Transit Connect Titanium model last week. So far I am really enjoying it. I went from a lnfiniti FX35 so I was a bit hesitant to make such a drastic change at first but the more I drive it the happier I am with my choice. I had been in Italy this summer and rode in a more striped down version. That was roomy and able to carry 7 full sized adults on our various adventures. I had never considered getting one for myself but after looking at the Flex, Explorer, and the MKT, frankly, this really fit my needs the best. This had the fuel efficiency, tech goodies, AND hauling room! Plenty of room for taking my paintings places. No need to rent a van!

I really love the roominess of this van. I am also really pleased with the styling. It stands out in the parking lot. No more guessing which car is mine - love this Euro Van! I needed room and this has 6'11" from the console to just inside the lift gate latch! I also was able to drive my friends and their family to a concert over the weekend - no problem. People keep looking at it as this is not your typical SUV or minivan. The styling stands out. I think once people see more of these they are going to really like them. If you want something different - this is it!

My husband wishes there were more seat controls on the passenger seat. He says that the seat does not go back far enough - the rail needs to be longer. I had all wheel drive before and used it a good bit in the winter. Fingers crossed I can get around in the bad weather in this. It has front wheel drive so it should be ok but really wanted all wheel. Would be nice to have handles instead of straps on the seats to move them around. It takes some muscle to move them. An easier way to do this would be so helpful. Generally have seats down but if I have passengers will need to change.

Huge improvement from last years Model
By okshaw

2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XLT LWB 4dr Minivan w/Rear 180 Degree Door (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle performs excellent in almost every category that I have thrown at it. We also own the exact same model in 2013 and by far this Van has better acceleration, load space, and the features for Sync are much easier to use then the previous versions. The van now drives like a car then a van and handles like a dream at all speeds. This vehicle is much more stylish then any previous version. The gas mileage on it is much better then the model from last year.

The new sync system makes the multimedia part of this vehicle much easier to use. The comfortable ride and handling is far superior then the previous model. The wipers are virtually invisible in the rear and in the front. The rear windows have eliminated the rear defroster making it better to look through. The interior feels more like a luxury car then a van. The height of the vehicle has noticeably decreased from previous versions making this much easier to get into lower ceiling heights. The rear Backup camera and rear sensors are a requirement for this vehicle as backing it is very difficult without. The rear backup camera now adjusts to the turn of the steering wheel.

At release finding a van with the features I was looking for became impossible. I had to settle for less features as features like GPS, Alloy Wheels, and remote start are impossible to find built in. Ford advertises that these features are available but a nationwide search came up with no results. The van I settled on does have the sync system and rear back up camera. this is a very difficult van to get unless you are willing to wait a couple of months to get exactly what you are looking for. We also found that white was the only color we could find at the time in the XLT line.