Great dog-hauler, but amenities back to 1980s
By porchsteps on
2013 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT Premium 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
Here's my huge complaint about this vehicle: It doesn't turn off its own lights. The problem is that I haven't driven a car made since 1990 where it was even possible to leave the lights on so that the battery ran down. Other things they NEED to improve: can only unlock the rear cargo doors with key fob. It's impossible to lock the keys in the car (good) but keeping the fob handy at all times is annoying. Back seats: can fold down one, or all, but can't leave 1 up and fold down 2, which would be my preference. Otherwise, it's nimble, pickup is good enough for my purposes. I miss some other amenities of my 2006 hhr but the price was good here.
Favorite Features
Great hauler (except bed-length). I can almost stand up in it, so it can double as a camper. Easy to find in parking lot.
Suggested Improvements
Heat faster, auto lights off, back seats more options to fold away, storage in sides of back (vs. hollow plastic molding), option for heated seats, use different warning sound for keys left in ignition vs. lights on. Suspension is creaky. Add vent windows in front for driver and passenger.