Poor design and reliability
By twigfield on
2012 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
As a business owner I bought this to replace my 1996 ford explorer with over 300,000 miles. I was suppose to get 21 to 26 mpg. I get 19.5, only 3 mpg better than my v-8 explorer. Same roads, driver and payload. This is most likely due to the extremely underpowered engine which has to work hard to pull hills in western MD. Needs to drop 2 gears to travel up hills on interstate. 6200 RPM right below redline to travel 70 mph on these hills. Forget acceleration-it doesn't exist. Good vehicle for around town but not made to drive on highways. Salesman told me power wuld not be a problem. Yeah, read any article.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
I'm a small person but both the storage panel in dash and in center console are too small to get hand into to retrieve anything. No light in glove compartment. (Saved $0.56). Power window buttons center console (Saved $4.32) Cigarette lighter (garmin) looses power intermittently. Battery been dead at lest 15 times. Not a problem according to Ford. Cheapest made vehicle I've ever owned. Grill fell off in first week. Noisy. Dash lights and headlights go out when you turn off vehicle, making you think lights are out, but othter lights on which run battery dead.