2012 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:
This van is a joke
By jimr91 on 04/04/14 00:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I use a Transit at work transporting college students around. I have never been more disappointed with a new car. the only pros are the goofy look, which I like, and the head room. Everything else on the van is awful. The steering is extremely stiff to the point my hands hurt toward the end of my shift. The seats are very uncomfortable and don't have the right kind of support you need to sit in a car for long periods of time. The van i use has 30k miles on it and it has 1 hubcap left on it. It has been in the shop numerous times for brake issues and electrical problems. I have hope for the new redesigned ones but these cars are junk and are way to overpriced.

Poor design and reliability
By twigfield on 11/10/11 20:03 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As a business owner I bought this to replace my 1996 ford explorer with over 300,000 miles. I was suppose to get 21 to 26 mpg. I get 19.5, only 3 mpg better than my v-8 explorer. Same roads, driver and payload. This is most likely due to the extremely underpowered engine which has to work hard to pull hills in western MD. Needs to drop 2 gears to travel up hills on interstate. 6200 RPM right below redline to travel 70 mph on these hills. Forget acceleration-it doesn't exist. Good vehicle for around town but not made to drive on highways. Salesman told me power wuld not be a problem. Yeah, read any article.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.