2011 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Review: Poor performer

2011 Ford Transit Connect - Consumer Review

Poor performer
By elevatorman79 on

2011 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Handles well at slow speeds but be careful at high speeds a quick lane change could be a problem . If you dont need the hight this is not a vehicle for you I am still not sure how to use the interior hight for anything. The biggest problem is the horse power . I have to tach 6500 rpm in the first 3 gears in order to enter the parkway at 40 mph . From a standing start it is the slowest vehicle I have ever driven . I drive alone and only cary 300 lbs of tools and supplies . I have 5000 miles on it and its not getting any better .

Favorite Features

back up sensor and great AC . Good mirrors and great visibility from the drivers seat .

Suggested Improvements

20 more horsepower I called Ford to complain about the lack of power , a modern radio tthat gives song info and station name like a stock chevy radio . Im tall so I have to tilt steering wheel high in order ti see gauges .The daytime running lights stay on even in park with the parking brake on . If im driveing slow in a parking lot looking for a space to park the seat belt alarm goes off and does not time out and still continues to goes off after I stop and put the vehicle in park.