Used 2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Transit-connect - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Transit in Service
By dailybit

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We are a Commercial Bakery, servicing 3 close linked towns and their "eateries". Our Transit has performed flawlessly 6 days a week for two and a half years ( West Coast Canada). We replaced a 3/4 Ton full size V8 with this Transit Connect. We carry approx. 750-900 lbs. per trip, three trips a day. Terrain is varied but all pavement. The monthly savings in fuel pays half the truck payment. Maintenance has been minimal, biggest concern a leaking door seal replaced under warranty. As an owner I have 4 decades of fleet experience in the movement of goods across Canada; Agricultural and Mining heavy hauling fleets. As a small business owner this vehicle is a gem with a tiny carbon footprint.

Favorite Features

Tall rear door entry area. Forklift friendly. Dual side door access major bonus. Solid Rear axle provides high stability with a full load. 4 Cylinder has plenty of guts to do the work and be environmentally friendly and economical at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable headrests to change forward lean when straightening up both front seats. Rear Cargo Door Locks need to be "unlocked" at every stop... should be a feature to disable this.

You will have fun racing bicyclists
By lexxter

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever had the displeasure of driving. It is extremely uncomfortable. It is extremely slow. The A/C sucks! The heater sucks! The radio sucks! The hubcaps fall off. The cabin noise is terrible. You may want to wear earplugs. I drive with the gas pedal stomped at all times. I cannot wait until the engine blows, which will not be long. I would rather be driving a 72 pinto.

Favorite Features

The quality (The quality is so bad that I know it is going to croak at any moment and I will be able to get something else)

Suggested Improvements

Give that hamster under the hood a rest and put an engine in it. Put a seat in it that will allow you to travel more than 50 miles without having to get out and walk the pain off. How about some sealed windows and noise deadening material so you can hear yourself think. On second thought just scrap this thing and build a caravan.

you get what you pay for!
By siz113

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

OK $23,000 for a van so, you know. Bought it today, seat seems comfortable. Need it for a small business and to tote an almost adult kid or 2. 4 cylinders and I could bearly get up a steep hill with only me in it and no passengers or payload. That scares me. Probably won't return it, cause I traded in my car. Shoulda shopped more! Yes, turning radius good. Ugly too. Still mileage good. Price good. Little scared about being able to get up to speed on highway or change lanes. If I can't get up a hill at 25 miles an hour, what will happen on the highway?

Favorite Features

hmmmmm.

Suggested Improvements

option for V6, more power, in between the Econoline and this would be nice. I'd pay an X-tra 3,000 for that!

Poor performer
By elevatorman79

Handles well at slow speeds but be careful at high speeds a quick lane change could be a problem . If you dont need the hight this is not a vehicle for you I am still not sure how to use the interior hight for anything. The biggest problem is the horse power . I have to tach 6500 rpm in the first 3 gears in order to enter the parkway at 40 mph . From a standing start it is the slowest vehicle I have ever driven . I drive alone and only cary 300 lbs of tools and supplies . I have 5000 miles on it and its not getting any better .

Favorite Features

back up sensor and great AC . Good mirrors and great visibility from the drivers seat .

Suggested Improvements

20 more horsepower I called Ford to complain about the lack of power , a modern radio tthat gives song info and station name like a stock chevy radio . Im tall so I have to tilt steering wheel high in order ti see gauges .The daytime running lights stay on even in park with the parking brake on . If im driveing slow in a parking lot looking for a space to park the seat belt alarm goes off and does not time out and still continues to goes off after I stop and put the vehicle in park.

2011 transit connect
By snohomishheat

I usually dont bother to write a review on anything but I am so impressed with this vehicle I want to do anything I can to help promote it. I have a small HVAC company, This is the best service truck I have ever drove. It has plenty of power and also when you put extra weight in it you cant even tell. It looks a little different on the outside, but just drive one! It handles wonderfull has plenty of room for all my stuff, has a very short turning radius, and more visibility than anything out there. I absolutley love love love this truck.

Favorite Features

Mileage!!! I get an average of 22 with all my tools and parts and Dog.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, its perfect.