Used 2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

First mini van in a while
By Henry

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT Premium 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Can't see Can't see
By Mr. Love

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive this vehicle for a company more the 10 hours a day. I took the veicle from another driver. We used to joke about how many fender benders and hits the old driver had in this vehicle. He always said it's hard to see. Well, he was right I had a spotless driving record prior to taking this vehicle. I have had more near misses in this vehicle and finally a woman sideswiped me as I merged into her lane. I just didn't see her because she was in the huge blind spot over my left shoulder. I'm a professional driver. I signal, look and then proceed. I just couldn't see her. The real fun is the parts department at Ford. There has to be a thousand of these Transit Connects running around yet they don't carry the parts. More than that they are like all Ford crap parts! way over priced.

Transit in Service
By dailybit

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We are a Commercial Bakery, servicing 3 close linked towns and their "eateries". Our Transit has performed flawlessly 6 days a week for two and a half years ( West Coast Canada).
We replaced a 3/4 Ton full size V8 with this Transit Connect. We carry approx. 750-900 lbs. per trip, three trips a day. Terrain is varied but all pavement.
The monthly savings in fuel pays half the truck payment. Maintenance has been minimal, biggest concern a leaking door seal replaced under warranty.
As an owner I have 4 decades of fleet experience in the movement of goods across Canada; Agricultural and Mining heavy hauling fleets. As a small business owner this vehicle is a gem with a tiny carbon footprint.

Tall rear door entry area. Forklift friendly. Dual side door access major bonus. Solid Rear axle provides high stability with a full load. 4 Cylinder has plenty of guts to do the work and be environmentally friendly and economical at the same time.

Adjustable headrests to change forward lean when straightening up both front seats. Rear Cargo Door Locks need to be "unlocked" at every stop... should be a feature to disable this.

You will have fun racing bicyclists
By lexxter

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever had the displeasure of driving. It is extremely uncomfortable. It is extremely slow. The A/C sucks! The heater sucks! The radio sucks! The hubcaps fall off. The cabin noise is terrible. You may want to wear earplugs. I drive with the gas pedal stomped at all times. I cannot wait until the engine blows, which will not be long. I would rather be driving a 72 pinto.

The quality (The quality is so bad that I know it is going to croak at any moment and I will be able to get something else)

Give that hamster under the hood a rest and put an engine in it. Put a seat in it that will allow you to travel more than 50 miles without having to get out and walk the pain off. How about some sealed windows and noise deadening material so you can hear yourself think. On second thought just scrap this thing and build a caravan.

you get what you pay for!
By siz113

2011 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

OK $23,000 for a van so, you know. Bought it today, seat seems comfortable. Need it for a small business and to tote an almost adult kid or 2. 4 cylinders and I could bearly get up a steep hill with only me in it and no passengers or payload. That scares me. Probably won't return it, cause I traded in my car. Shoulda shopped more! Yes, turning radius good. Ugly too. Still mileage good. Price good. Little scared about being able to get up to speed on highway or change lanes. If I can't get up a hill at 25 miles an hour, what will happen on the highway?

hmmmmm.

option for V6, more power, in between the Econoline and this would be nice. I'd pay an X-tra 3,000 for that!