Finally...
By Kevin on
2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
After trying a Nissan Pathfinder, a Ford Expedition, and a Chrysler Pacifica for my calibration business, I finally found THE right vehicle. No desire for a mini/full size van. I spend over 40 weeks on the road annually. I call this my money bus, or my toaster (mine is RED). No problems at 15,000 miles. Love the Bluetooth. I fabricated a full-length shelf about 15" below the roofline. Would rather have purchased the same custom made. I also installed a side-mounted shelf unit custom from Adrian Steel. Stereo upgrade a must. Traction Control is impressive. 25-28 mpg highway. Power is adequate, handling/maneuverability is a dream. I'd love to pimp this one out! Rear seats a snap to remove.
Favorite Features
Loading/unloading ease. Economy. Maneuverability. Bluetooth. Head- turner! Pack it wide and the side doors still close with ease.
Suggested Improvements
More shelving options to maximize space. Class 1 receiver hitch would be nice (too tall for a roof bike rack). Premium stereo. Factory aluminum wheels. Turbo/ecoboost? Extended cab 10- 15 inches.