2010 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Review: A professional drivers opinion

2010 Ford Transit Connect - Consumer Review

Cargo Van XL Cargo Minivan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/o Side & Rear Glass)

A professional drivers opinion.
By Driver57 on

2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As part of my job I drive a Ford Transit Connect. Overall, I like the vehicle, the handling is respectable even at highway speeds, and interior cargo space truly is impressive. I've driven this vehicle in all weather conditions and at all times of day. While I am overall impressed with the vehicle, however, it does have a glaring safety concern. The standard side view mirrors are inadequate for the vehicle. It desperately needs the full sized mirrors found on larger vans. Even looking over your right shoulder to check the blind spot it is possible to hide a mid-sized car in the Transits blind spot.

The instrument display is easily my favorite feature on the vehicle. It's clean, clear, and easy to read with a glance.

The Ford Transit desperately needs full sized side mirrors, it's a hazard for any one driving it without them. It's only a matter of time before even cautious drivers cut someone off inadvertently.